Jim

When I click on a folder to open it, I get the Search
window. Where can I go to specify open instead of search?
If I right-click, Search is in bold and open is next. Any
help, please?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Control Panel > Folder Options > File Types and look for Folder. Highlight
it, select Advanced and change the options in the window.

"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on a folder to open it, I get the Search
> window. Where can I go to specify open instead of search?
> If I right-click, Search is in bold and open is next. Any
> help, please?

Follow the instructions outlined in this article:

Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321186&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| When I click on a folder to open it, I get the Search
| window. Where can I go to specify open instead of search?
| If I right-click, Search is in bold and open is next. Any
| help, please?

Jim

Thank you. This worked for me. Thanks again.

us;321186&Product=winxp

-----------------------

>"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message:

>| When I click on a folder to open it, I get the Search
>| window. Where can I go to specify open instead of
search?
>| If I right-click, Search is in bold and open is next.
Any
>| help, please?
>.

See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, Search/Command Prompt Opens When Double Clicking a Folder.
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5fd501c474dc$6af64c90$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> When I click on a folder to open it, I get the Search
> window. Where can I go to specify open instead of search?
> If I right-click, Search is in bold and open is next. Any
> help, please?

kelly

Hi Jim,

Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shell32

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on a folder to open it, I get the Search
> window. Where can I go to specify open instead of search?
> If I right-click, Search is in bold and open is next. Any
> help, please?

TRENDING THREADS