Opening Folders

When I click on a folder to open it, I get the Search
window. Where can I go to specify open instead of search?
If I right-click, Search is in bold and open is next. Any
help, please?
5 answers Last reply
More about opening folders

    Control Panel > Folder Options > File Types and look for Folder. Highlight
    it, select Advanced and change the options in the window.

    "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I click on a folder to open it, I get the Search
    > window. Where can I go to specify open instead of search?
    > If I right-click, Search is in bold and open is next. Any
    > help, please?

    Follow the instructions outlined in this article:

    Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321186&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

    | When I click on a folder to open it, I get the Search
    | window. Where can I go to specify open instead of search?
    | If I right-click, Search is in bold and open is next. Any
    | help, please?

    Thank you. This worked for me. Thanks again.

    us;321186&Product=winxp

    >--
    >Carey Frisch
    >Microsoft MVP
    >Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    >Be Smart! Protect your PC!
    >http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

    -----------------------

    >"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message:

    >| When I click on a folder to open it, I get the Search
    >| window. Where can I go to specify open instead of
    search?
    >| If I right-click, Search is in bold and open is next.
    Any
    >| help, please?
    >.

    See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, Search/Command Prompt Opens When Double Clicking a Folder.
    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5fd501c474dc$6af64c90$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > When I click on a folder to open it, I get the Search
    > window. Where can I go to specify open instead of search?
    > If I right-click, Search is in bold and open is next. Any
    > help, please?

    Hi Jim,

    Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shell32

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP