"Mouseover Event" - How to disable in WinXP Pro.

Any idea how to turn off the mouseover properties display that comes up in XP when hovering over an Icon or list of documents?

SYMPTOMS
When you move your mouse pointer over an item on the screen, properties of that object may change in recognition of the mouse position without you selecting the object. This programming feature is referred to as a "Mouseover" event that many programmers and Web page designers are using to enhance their user interface in their program by visually responding to the position of the mouse.

found the answer - sorry for the post

Hi,

Click on Explorer.
click the menu Tools | Folder options.
then in view tab uncheck that box "show description for folders and desktop items."
--
Regards
M. Rajesh

"RyanTec" wrote:

> Any idea how to turn off the mouseover properties display that comes up in XP when hovering over an Icon or list of documents?
>
> SYMPTOMS
> When you move your mouse pointer over an item on the screen, properties of that object may change in recognition of the mouse position without you selecting the object. This programming feature is referred to as a "Mouseover" event that many programmers and Web page designers are using to enhance their user interface in their program by visually responding to the position of the mouse.

kelly

Hi Ryan,

How To: Turn off the Balloon Tooltips and Pop-ups

Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View/Advanced/Uncheck Popup
Descriptions for Folder and Desktop Items.

TweakUI/Taskbar/Uncheck Enable Balloon Tips

Or use this automated edit:

Disable Balloon Tips or Disable All (Row 11)

Disable All includes: Balloon Tips, Folder Contents Info Tips, Explorer
Pop-Ups, Show Info Tips, Start Menu and Notification Area.

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it
and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by
right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP