bassejepsen

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Hello, I use a ENGTX560 TI card, is it worth useing another 250 card for SLI PhysX?

Have someone tryed it?
if so how much performance boots I can expect?

I am useing an Asus P8Z68-V PRO motherbord

Solution
Are you talking about buying another 560 ti for $250 and going SLI, or are you talking about buying a GTX 250 to use as a dedicated physx card?

SLI is worth it if you have the monitor setup to take advantage, buying a dedicated physx card is not unless you are seriously addicted to one of the few games that uses hardware physx.

If you have the money go for it.
It almost doubles the performance in most games. ( depends maybe also a bit on your processor and the number of ram you have now )
See for yourself ; http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_560_Ti_SLI/
Also make sure you have enough power from your PSU, i guess minimal 750 W for sli but it could be even more, i don't use sli. ( can't afford it ) You can figure out here how much you need ; http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
Get a decent psu if needed, not a cheap one, it needs a stable, preferably single, rail with enough amps.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Are you talking about buying another 560 ti for $250 and going SLI, or are you talking about buying a GTX 250 to use as a dedicated physx card?

SLI is worth it if you have the monitor setup to take advantage, buying a dedicated physx card is not unless you are seriously addicted to one of the few games that uses hardware physx.

Solution

Oooowww, you might be so right, i think i did read it wrong then yeah, i thought he ment buy another 560. Sorry !

bassejepsen

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Sorry, i was not very clear.

The thing is, I got a 560TI and a 250GT(X?). ATM I only uses the 560TI, and I was wondering if I somehow was able to increase the performance of my system useing a 250GT. But think i all ready got my answer :)

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
There are a few games that it will dramatically improve performance in, Mafia 2 and Batman AA the the only 2 I can think of right now, but for the most part it would just be sitting there using power and not doing anything.