Canon BG-E2 grip report.

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 10, 2005 3:53:30 PM

There have been many reports here of problems with the BG-E2 battery
grip on the 20D. I went and got one. It arrived last week and I
spent all day Saturday using it on a project. I had no problems and
find it a welcome addition to the 20D. It sets up very tight with no
play or flex. The addition weight and area give the camera a better
grip and feel with large lenses such as the 17-40 and 70-200. The
alternate controls when working in vertical format are to me a fine
feature which I have immediately come to use.

The serial number or what ever on the bottom was 091325.

"It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name
of the public interest, to be placed under contribution,
drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolised, extorted from,
squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance,
the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined,
vilified, harrassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed,
disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned,
shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to
crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonoured.
That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality."

"General Idea of the Revolution in the Nineteenth Century"
Pierre Proudhon

More about : canon grip report

Anonymous
April 10, 2005 5:54:02 PM

John A. Stovall wrote:
> There have been many reports here of problems with the BG-E2 battery
> grip on the 20D. I went and got one. It arrived last week and I
> spent all day Saturday using it on a project. I had no problems and
> find it a welcome addition to the 20D. It sets up very tight with no
> play or flex. The addition weight and area give the camera a better
> grip and feel with large lenses such as the 17-40 and 70-200. The
> alternate controls when working in vertical format are to me a fine
> feature which I have immediately come to use.
>
> The serial number or what ever on the bottom was 091325.
>
> "It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name
> of the public interest, to be placed under contribution,
> drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolised, extorted from,
> squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance,
> the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined,
> vilified, harrassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed,
> disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned,
> shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to
> crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonoured.
> That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality."
>
> "General Idea of the Revolution in the Nineteenth Century"
> Pierre Proudhon

There's a post in r.p.d.slr-systems by Colic saying problems with BG-E2
battery grips for the 20D were corrected starting with serial 05xxxx. My
grip serial is 055xxx and I've not encountered any problems with the grip.
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 8:33:50 PM

"John A. Stovall" <johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> There have been many reports here of problems with the BG-E2 battery

Never had any problems with mine.

> "It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name

Geez, easy on the sig there my friend. Four lines is the recommended. I
lost all interest after just 2 of your lines.
H.
!