USB-Mouse-Nemisis-NZXT-Noob

Slowpar44

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Before, anything, I am a computer NOOB. I don't know much, and won't sound very intelligent, so please, if you have problem with a term I am using or referring to something incorrectly, please correct!

I do know I have a Nemisis NZXT. I don't know what type of computer is inside.

I have a problem with a mouse.
It is connected through a USB port in the back. It is wired. i
It worked fine 2 days ago, but has stopped working yesterday.

The power makes the mouse glow red, So im assuming it would be functional.

When I start up the computer, It says ABIT ENGINEERED as a logo, and its says press tab for post screen, del for setup. then the computer proceeds ( to boot, I believe) .

During this ABIT ENGINEERED screen, the mouse glows red, and I guess that means it would work.
If I go into the setup menu, (Where advanced BIOS features and standard CMOS features are located)
The mouse glows red, but I cant tell if it is functional, because you maneuver the set menu with the arrows on the keyboard.

But if I do not go into the setup menu, the mouse loses its red light, immediately after the computer proceeds "booting" and leaves the ABIT ENGINEERED logo.

When I do plug in the mouse after the computer starts up, it flashes once , very fast, when I plug it in.
I can unplug it and replug it and it will flash once.

are these NEMISIS computers prone to having crappy USB ports??
the mouse is from an HP.

The keyboard does work. It is plugged into a PS/2 port..

should I just buy a PS/2 mouse,
or can you guys give an idea or target the problem, so i can attempt to fix it myself??

If you bothered reading this, Thank you!

tlmck

Distinguished
Sounds like either a flaky USB port or flaky mouse. Have you tried the mouse in a different USB port? If it worked, that would mean the other port is bad. If not, it would likely be the mouse.

At any rate, you could either get a new mouse, or an adapter that allows you to plug a USB mouse into the PS/2 port. Depending on your taste in mice, the adapter may cost as much as the mouse.