Computer will not detect video card

promethium3000

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
I'm currently having an issue where my computer will not detect my gtx 570.

I received my first gtx 570 the other day and when I started up the computer it was not detected. I then tried using the card in another computer and the card wasn't detected still. To make sure it wasn't my computer I tried running my HD 4850 inside my new computer and that worked correctly.

I called up EVGA and explained to them what I did and they told me to send the card in to receive another. I just got the new card today and when I installed it the card is still not detected. I'm pretty confused by this since the chances of 2 dead cards is pretty low. My new computer handles the 4850 fine so I didn't think it was an issue with any of the computers parts.

The setup I'm using is:

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 ghz
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1573-AR GeForce GTX 570 (The first card was HD the second was not)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
When you start the system with the 570 does it boot and display anything on the screen? Did you remove the AMD drivers using Driver Sweeper or a similar utility? Did you install the Nvidia drivers? Looking at the display adapter tab in device manager what device is show?

promethium3000

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
It currently boots to the integrated graphics, so it does show the normal BIOS boot screen and goes into windows. The device manager shows the standard integrated graphics, I cant give the exact name as I'm not at my computer. I have not installed any video drivers, I didn't see the point since the computer doesn't recognize the existence of the 570.