GTX 580 HD ISSUE!

kingxpaul

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
Hey Everyone,
I currently just bought a brand new 40" LCD TV DYNEX DX-RC02A-12 From bestbuy.
Im using it as a pc monitor but also for ps3/tv etc.

When playing my pc games i notice it does not seem to look like its in hd? I currently broke my mini hdmi to hdmi wire which the gtx 580 has a mini hdmi port for.. So i've been using a DVI HDMI adapter for regular hdmi to hdmi for my pc in another way Monitor > HDMI > DVI > PC ???

Do i need to buy a new hdmi mini to see the full effect hd from the gtx 580 since it has a specific port for it?

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Hm that's weird. I use hdmi to hdmi and it works fine [not for the GTX 580]. Go to your resolution and check if it's set for 1920x1080 when you connect to your TV via hdmi. Dynex is actually not one of the better brand so that could potentially be the issue in this case. Dynex is more or less... a lower end brand.. it will work fine but the quality.. just don't expect lots.

tinymidget1979

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2008
Your DVI and HDMI cords are both using the same video. An HDMI cord also carries audio, and is what makes the difference between the two, but you should not be noticing any difference in your games unless you have changed the settings or they have defaulted back to normal settings. Otherwise, it may just be all in your head :p