I need help identifying what this stuff is asap!

malicemizer

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Ok I think im pretty tech savy but I cant identify these parts. Im helping a friend out, this person really needs to know what this stuff is used for and who better to ask than the toms hardware community.

On some of the boards it says, "hell's deliverance" which is wierd also one of the cards says, "ground zero team" then says "hell" under it.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2co0z01.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/14vn3tx.jpg

they look to me like bridging cards, used to get satellite channels that are either not normaly available or pay to watch. you inset them into your box and you can program them to either fool the box into thinking you have credit enabling you to buy and watch adult channels/sports channels...

the 1 your holding is for adult channels... as far as i know.

malicemizer

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Wow thats crazy. How much are these things worth? Im helping a friend out and they have tons of these from an ex and they dont know if its even legal to have them or what to do with them.

there worthless m8, and yes the programmable 1s are illegal in most countries as far as i know. maybe you should check out some satalite modding forums. they will know for sure what they are and if there legal... my guess is that programming to bypass the systems codes is illegal

malicemizer

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I dont think they are worthless. Pretty much this person had hundreds of these parts cards and boxs and was shipping them out almost daily after soldering stuff together. I dont even know who would buy stuff like this or where you would sell it but its pretty crazy I wasnt expecting to see that much stuff.

Satellite tv gear which looks outdated to me.
Use to be into that in the 90's - 2009.
Loaders became useless in 2004.
Everything changed in 2009 which required new receivers and dongles = IKS.
That stuff is old eeprom loaders =they don't work anymore = for pre Nagra 3 encryption
The rest of that stuff are just subscription cards= they send new ones out to legit users at least once a year = makes the old one useless