import boot cd

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

i saw one of these at the local video game store. said i could use it
to play import games with. i don't really want to mod my dc and i
would prefer to own originals rather than copies. would this take care
of my import needs? i can't recall the brand but i know the label was
black and the instructions said that it would tell you when to remove
that disc and replace it with the game disc. i know, not much to go
on, but i'd appreciate any info. thanx.
/\_/\
< o o > Foxx (in a box)
\ /
°

"Foxx (in a box)" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> i saw one of these at the local video game store. said i could use it
> to play import games with. i don't really want to mod my dc and i
> would prefer to own originals rather than copies. would this take care
> of my import needs? i can't recall the brand but i know the label was
> black and the instructions said that it would tell you when to remove
> that disc and replace it with the game disc. i know, not much to go
> on, but i'd appreciate any info. thanx.
> /\_/\
> < o o > Foxx (in a box)
> \ /
> °

Could have been a DC-X, that's the one I have. I have only had one game not
work so far. Some of the later Euro releases do not work with them and
that's what I was trying. They are nice, but kind of a pain. If it's cheap
I'd buy it, but check a local TRU for a gameshark lite because it works the
same and mine only cost $2. You could download the Utopia disc and or I
think there is a cheats and codes disc that works too.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

> > i saw one of these at the local video game store. said i could use it
> > to play import games with. i don't really want to mod my dc and i
> > would prefer to own originals rather than copies. would this take care
> > of my import needs? i can't recall the brand but i know the label was
> > black and the instructions said that it would tell you when to remove
> > that disc and replace it with the game disc. i know, not much to go
> > on, but i'd appreciate any info. thanx.
> > /\_/\
> > < o o > Foxx (in a box)
> > \ /
> > °
>
> Could have been a DC-X, that's the one I have. I have only had one game not
> work so far. Some of the later Euro releases do not work with them and
> that's what I was trying. They are nice, but kind of a pain. If it's cheap
> I'd buy it, but check a local TRU for a gameshark lite because it works the
> same and mine only cost $2. You could download the Utopia disc and or I
> think there is a cheats and codes disc that works too.

Yeah, I've got a DC-X as well, it's very nice. I dig the extra features like
the VGA support and the hertz rate option. It's a great addition to the
already excellent Utopia disc(keeps you covered on both ends). :)

Bel

--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
or http://users2.ev1.net/~belpowerslave/

"Here's a riddle: When is a croquette mallet like a billy club? I'll tell you;
whenever you want it to be."

- Cheshire Cat, American McGee's Alice

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

>Yeah, I've got a DC-X as well, it's very nice. I dig the extra features like
>the VGA support and the hertz rate option. It's a great addition to the
>already excellent Utopia disc(keeps you covered on both ends). :)

so i'll most likely go back and buy it. my other question, then, is
will this then make so that i will not need a mod chip to play? i saw
a few import games tonight that had 'mod chip required' written on
their sticker. also, though i'm out to buy original, are mod chips
required to play a burned copy (like the ps)?
/\_/\
< o o > Foxx (in a box)
\ /
°

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

"Foxx (in a box)" wrote:

> >Yeah, I've got a DC-X as well, it's very nice. I dig the extra features like
> >the VGA support and the hertz rate option. It's a great addition to the
> >already excellent Utopia disc(keeps you covered on both ends). :)
>
> so i'll most likely go back and buy it. my other question, then, is
> will this then make so that i will not need a mod chip to play? i saw
> a few import games tonight that had 'mod chip required' written on
> their sticker.

A handful of late European games require a modchip. I think Evil Twin
and Rez; altho early pressings of Rez do not need a modchip.

also, though i'm out to buy original, are mod chips
> required to play a burned copy (like the ps)?

You can't actually play burned games (except for homebrew stuff). That's
a myth put out by the antipiracy people to try to get people to download
extremely large virus files (known as "Boogey Men") that will spin your
computer's harddrive until it actually physically cracks.