Newbie needs help

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Could anyone please help me? I've downloaded games from the binaries, and
burned the resulting .cdi files to a CD-R with Disk Juggler, and my
Dreamcast won't play them. I burned about 5 CD's so far, and I've only got
1 to work. I also burned a .mdf/.mds set using Alcohol 120% and that didn't
play either. Is there something I'm missing? Is there an FAQ I can read
somewhere that can help me? Thanks in advance for your responses. -- Steve

Steven Bianco wrote:
> Could anyone please help me? I've downloaded games from the binaries, and
> burned the resulting .cdi files to a CD-R with Disk Juggler, and my
> Dreamcast won't play them. I burned about 5 CD's so far, and I've only got
> 1 to work. I also burned a .mdf/.mds set using Alcohol 120% and that didn't
> play either. Is there something I'm missing? Is there an FAQ I can read
> somewhere that can help me? Thanks in advance for your responses. -- Steve

If when you say

'burned the resulting .cdi files to a CD-R'
that's exactly what you did, then that's your problem. The cdi is an
image of a CD. You need to use the 'Burn image' option or similar
(sorry, I don't use discjuggler, so I don't know the options). If the cd
you burn has a .cdi file on, you're doing it wrong!.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

"Chris Bartram" <news@delete.me.piglet-net.net> wrote in message
> Steven Bianco wrote:
> > Could anyone please help me? I've downloaded games from the binaries,
and
> > burned the resulting .cdi files to a CD-R with Disk Juggler, and my
> > Dreamcast won't play them. I burned about 5 CD's so far, and I've only
got
> > 1 to work. I also burned a .mdf/.mds set using Alcohol 120% and that
didn't
> > play either. Is there something I'm missing? Is there an FAQ I can
read
> > somewhere that can help me? Thanks in advance for your responses. --
Steve

> If when you say
>
> 'burned the resulting .cdi files to a CD-R'
> that's exactly what you did, then that's your problem. The cdi is an
> image of a CD. You need to use the 'Burn image' option or similar
> (sorry, I don't use discjuggler, so I don't know the options). If the cd
> you burn has a .cdi file on, you're doing it wrong!.

Thanks Chris, but I am burning the image to the CD. I was able to get one
game to work, but no others. I have used Disk Juggler, Alcohol 120% and
Nero to burn the image to a CD, and all but 1 disk have failed to work. I'm
beginning to wonder if it's my system. I've been reading conflicting things
about some systems not working. Mine has a manufacture date of Sept, 1999.
I have had no problem with the system with the real games.

Steve wrote:

> "Chris Bartram" <news@delete.me.piglet-net.net> wrote in message
> > Steven Bianco wrote:
> > > Could anyone please help me? I've downloaded games from the binaries,
> and
> > > burned the resulting .cdi files to a CD-R with Disk Juggler, and my
> > > Dreamcast won't play them. I burned about 5 CD's so far, and I've only
> got
> > > 1 to work. I also burned a .mdf/.mds set using Alcohol 120% and that
> didn't
> > > play either. Is there something I'm missing? Is there an FAQ I can
> read
> > > somewhere that can help me? Thanks in advance for your responses. --
> Steve
> > >

> > If when you say
> >
> > 'burned the resulting .cdi files to a CD-R'
> > that's exactly what you did, then that's your problem. The cdi is an
> > image of a CD. You need to use the 'Burn image' option or similar
> > (sorry, I don't use discjuggler, so I don't know the options). If the cd
> > you burn has a .cdi file on, you're doing it wrong!.
>
> Thanks Chris, but I am burning the image to the CD. I was able to get one
> game to work, but no others. I have used Disk Juggler, Alcohol 120% and
> Nero to burn the image to a CD, and all but 1 disk have failed to work. I'm
> beginning to wonder if it's my system. I've been reading conflicting things
> about some systems not working. Mine has a manufacture date of Sept, 1999.
> I have had no problem with the system with the real games.

Then why not continue on with real games?

Bel

--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
or http://users2.ev1.net/~belpowerslave/

"Time to rub your face in it...with my ass. I'm so much better than you."
- Trixie, Outlaw Volleyball

BlackWolf

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Try WWW.Suprnova.org . I use Alcohol 120% and it works OK But the down
loaded files are not always good. I have a "copy" I got on Ebay and one
I made myself of sonic adventure 2 and they both lock up in the same place.

To any one concerned.
Walk into any game store, used or new, here in Nor Cal and they will
laugh you out the door. Price is an issue for some of us. I buy when I
can cause the real stuff is better, but how many games have you bought
and played once and wished you didn't get it. I like to try before I buy.