Desktop Backgrounds (wallpaper)

July 28, 2004 9:42:10 PM

I know that XP uses MY PICTURES as one of the folders to obtain pictures from, but when I go to select a wallpaper, none of my files (JPG) in MY PICTURES folder are there in the list. I have copied most of my digital photos to another folder so I dont get 100's of pictures on the background list, but a few I have left so I can use them as wallpaper. What am I doing wrong, Thanks.
July 29, 2004 6:14:41 AM

Hi Barbara,

Keep in mind that there is a limit to the listings shown. Other than that:
The pictures that show up under display properties, desktop are located in
these folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\My Pictures
C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper
C:\Windows\Resources\Themes

Workaround:

Create another folder (under your user profile), remove the pictures from My
Pictures that you don't want listed under Backgrounds and in the My Pictures
folder, create a shortcut to the new folder. Or create subfolders within My
Pictures.

Troubleshooting JPG Issues
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_jk.htm#jpg

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Barbara" <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know that XP uses MY PICTURES as one of the folders to obtain pictures
>from, but when I go to select a wallpaper, none of my files (JPG) in MY
>PICTURES folder are there in the list. I have copied most of my digital
>photos to another folder so I dont get 100's of pictures on the background
>list, but a few I have left so I can use them as wallpaper. What am I doing
>wrong, Thanks.
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 3:14:34 PM

Hi Barbara,
How many picture files are there in My Pictures folder? Try reducing it to 50 files or even less (more the remaining ones to a different folder). If that does not help, let us know if you've redirected the My Pictures folder to a different partition/folder?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en...

!