Status
Not open for further replies.

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
i have a athlon 64 x2 7750 2.7ghz cpu
actualy it is a duel core phenom (k10 architebture)
cputweaker show me 4 cores to tweak and thats why i think it may have extra hidden core

by searching, i found some threads but with no answer

so is their anyone that can confirm this, and have a die shot of this cpu

Solution
the 7750 is a quadcore phenom with 2 core disabled.

The chances of unlocking is low since these were some of the first chips with cores that didn't pass qa as quad core so they disabled the cores and sold them as dual cores.
the 7750 is a quadcore phenom with 2 core disabled.

The chances of unlocking is low since these were some of the first chips with cores that didn't pass qa as quad core so they disabled the cores and sold them as dual cores.

Solution

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED

[:truegenius:2]
are you sure? [:truegenius:7]

everything is likely but there really is nothing more you can do to get it to be a quadcore again as those cores are most likely unstable and unusable.

only with the later x3s and x2s were really able to unlock to a quad core since once amd's production improved they had to lock working cpus and sell them as dual and tri cores.

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED

:D mine cpu is a b3 stepping which is latest in k10 (unable to find box of cpu) which i bought in 3Q of 2009, so it seems a new one :pt1cable:

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED

:kaola: , old stock are bad but not much, i am able to play all games (which i have) at 40fps and thus need only a little performance boost to run them at 60

if i can unlock this chip with a suitable board, and to keep tdp in limit i will downclock the 2 unlocked cores to 200mz (tdp will become 110w) then it will give me a straight benefit of 40% performance increase , and more l2 cache :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.