Basic Specs:

Summary
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i3 3220 @ 3.30GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
4,00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8H61-M LX3 (LGA1155)
Graphics
Samsung SyncMaster 793s(CRT) (1024x768@85Hz)
Intel HD Graphics
Hard Drives
466GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-001CA0 ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB ATA Device
Audio
VIA High Definition Audio

I have two issues:

1) Since the first boot, when i was loading Windows, there was some instability on the screen. There can be seen horizontal lines running down it, sometimes it's very subtle, but there are times when it gets worse. I experimented with refresh rates, it's set at 1024x768@85Hz, my monitor maximum. if I get the refresh rate lower the problem worsens too.

I did some troubleshooting:

-Updated graphics driver.
-Tested the monitor on my old PC (old Semprom 32 bits with an AGP card), no issues. Same VGA cable.
-Tested on another CRT monitor, the same thing happens; same monitor on old PC no issues. Same VGA cable.
-Made sure there is nothing close to the monitor or CPU that could be causing interference, CPU and monitor away from each other and no other electric artifact close.
-Latest Bios version.
-All things are connected directly to the wall outlet, no stabilizers or UPS.

The problem now is getting worse, sometimes the lines are more visible, and suddenly big wide lines run down and then stop.

Relating to this i found this post:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/361205-33-asus-p8h61-problem

"Bad quality mother board, i am using integrated graphics ,i can see grains netting waves on screen. I checked 10 boards, 9 having same problem”

But the OP did not give any other information...

2) I am currently running this PC with the aforementioned i3 Ivy Bridge, but looking at ASUS site this CPU is not listed as supported:

http://support.asus.com/Cpusupport/List.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=P8H61-M%20LX3&p=1&s=39

It has the latest Bios version (Version 0518), but none of the bios versions on the list show ivy bridge compatibility added... like on other boards on the ASUS site.

I wonder if this could cause problems...

I need advice on these two issues, maybe i could go back where i bought it and ask them to give me some other motherboard, even if it is more expensive...

Thanks in advance.

I use that board with a sandy bridge cpu. You will have to weigh the cost difference when changing boards versus getting a low end card, such as my 210 nvidia chipset card with fanless heatsink. I found this one for 27 cents after rebate at frys earlier this year. Frys will probably have a similar deal on black friday. I've had no issues with my low end card at 1920 x 1080. For another inexpensive board, check out the B75 chipset boards, which have native ivy bridge support.

NOT NULL

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
But the issue is that the motherboard is not working properly... I will be keeping something that is not working as intended and there is the compatibility problem too...

I was looking at the motherboard sales list in the place I bought it, looking at prices and features I thought about this one:

Intel DH77EB

Note: I just looked at it and it has no VGA port... Which I need...

Then I saw this one:

Asus P8Z77-M

What do you think about it? Should I solve it this way?

NOT NULL

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Thanks!

I know this is a little offtopic... but could someone tell me if this voltages are ok?

30muyhx.png

EDIT:
I need one more advice...

Instead of replacing the motherboard for and Asus P8Z77-M, for the same money I could get a Radeon 6670...

But my questions are... What about my current motherboard compatibility with ivy bridge? as it is not listed on asus site, but it's still running...

What about the main problem regarding screen lines/ distortion?

Final question... Do I replace the motherboard for Asus P8Z77-M... or should i get the 6670?

Neither, unless you live where prices are high. The 6670 shouldn't cost as much as the asus board. I would borrow another video card to see how the old board runs first; it may give you the same issues you have now. Your problem may be with the monitor. Why are using an old crt when led's are getting so cheap?

NOT NULL

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Actually I live in Argentina, most technology related things are not so cheap here, the thing is, for now, i don't really mind about this CRT. I figured out that it SHOULD work anyway, isn't that right? I'm afraid the guys at the store might say something like "The problem is you are using and old monitor, this new PC's are built for new LCD/LED monitors"

Best advice is to let windows 7 select the monitor settings for you. 85 hertz is too high for most monitors. Windows will often run at 75 by default. See if your issues go away at 75 htz. If your issues are the same at 75 htz, then the issue is probably the monitor, and not the motherboard. And your voltages are fine; some variance is normal.