phantasy star online (and other online games)

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

is this something that is pretty much worthless without having the dc
network around or can this be a one player game as well? what about
alien front online? just curious. thanx.
6 answers Last reply
More about phantasy star online online games
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

    "Foxx (in a box)" wrote:

    > is this something that is pretty much worthless without having the dc
    > network around or can this be a one player game as well? what about
    > alien front online? just curious. thanx.

    Both PSO(v1 or 2) and AFO can be played offline....they are just not
    nearly as good. :)

    For a list of DC games that are still online playable, try here:

    http://dcog.netfirms.com/

    As far as I know, there weren't any online only games for the
    DC...everything that can be played online, could also be done offline.

    Bel

    --

    Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
    or http://users2.ev1.net/~belpowerslave/

    "Here's a riddle: When is a croquette mallet like a billy club? I'll
    tell you; whenever you want it to be."

    - Cheshire Cat, American McGee's Alice
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

    BelPowerslave wrote:

    > "Foxx (in a box)" wrote:
    >
    > > is this something that is pretty much worthless without having the dc
    > > network around or can this be a one player game as well? what about
    > > alien front online? just curious. thanx.
    >
    > Both PSO(v1 or 2) and AFO can be played offline....they are just not
    > nearly as good. :)

    Side note: AFO is or will soon be available for Ngage as a multiplayer game...

    > For a list of DC games that are still online playable, try here:
    >
    > http://dcog.netfirms.com/

    Also keep in mind that that URL is out of date. There's a more up to
    date place, but I don't have the URL offhand.
    There is a homebrew PSO DC server community; you can play the game
    online still:
    http://schtserv.funurl.com/
    I need to use my codebreaker and actually do that sometime...

    > As far as I know, there weren't any online only games for the
    > DC...everything that can be played online, could also be done offline.

    Other than certain features, and things like non-splitscreen head to
    head (none of the link games being online playable).
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

    > > Both PSO(v1 or 2) and AFO can be played offline....they are just not
    > > nearly as good. :)
    >
    > Side note: AFO is or will soon be available for Ngage as a multiplayer game...

    Really? Wow, that'd be kinda hip.

    > > For a list of DC games that are still online playable, try here:
    > >
    > > http://dcog.netfirms.com/
    >
    > Also keep in mind that that URL is out of date. There's a more up to
    > date place, but I don't have the URL offhand.

    Hmmmm....well, if you find it again, let me know and I'll update it in my links
    section.

    > There is a homebrew PSO DC server community; you can play the game
    > online still:
    > http://schtserv.funurl.com/
    > I need to use my codebreaker and actually do that sometime...

    I got spoiled on Ep2...though playing the PC version of it on one of the servers
    would be kinda cool.

    > > As far as I know, there weren't any online only games for the
    > > DC...everything that can be played online, could also be done offline.
    >
    > Other than certain features, and things like non-splitscreen head to
    > head (none of the link games being online playable).

    Agreed. I still wish someone had a hack that would allow UT to still be online
    playable... :(

    Bel

    --
    Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
    or http://users2.ev1.net/~belpowerslave/

    "Time to rub your face in it...with my ass. I'm so much better than you."
    - Trixie, Outlaw Volleyball
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

    > > Also keep in mind that that URL is out of date. There's a more up to
    > > date place, but I don't have the URL offhand.
    http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/portal.php
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

    > > > Also keep in mind that that URL is out of date. There's a more up to
    > > > date place, but I don't have the URL offhand.
    > http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/portal.php

    Solid, much appreciated. :)

    Bel

    --

    Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
    or http://users2.ev1.net/~belpowerslave/

    "Here's a riddle: When is a croquette mallet like a billy club? I'll tell
    you; whenever you want it to be."

    - Cheshire Cat, American McGee's Alice
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

    BelPowerslave <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message news:<41410F24.53010CB0@ev1.net>...
    > > http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/portal.php
    >
    > Solid, much appreciated. :)
    ;)

Console Gaming Video Games Sega Video Games