Less noisy alternative to my EVGA GTX 295?

ottosen

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2009
Hey,

I currently have the card mentioned in the topic, and it's pretty powerful I think! It's the single PCB version.

I was wondering, now with the 500 line of Nvidia cards etc, if there is an equally powerful alternative that is less noisy?

The thing is, that this dual core card produces a lot of noise, especially under load. My rig is filled with Noctua fans set to the lowest speed,

so it stands out quite a lot, especially when moving above the 40% fan speed, to 60-70%, even though I'm just inside League of Legends (poor graphics).

There'd have to be an obvious difference in the noise level, for there to be an incentive to make a new purchase. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Ottosen.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
There are some very quiet GTX 560 Ti's available, but they honestly might be a little slower than the card you have. GTX 570 would be as powerful, but also makes signifigantly more noise than the 560 Ti, still it wouldn't be close to as loud as what you've got.

Iin the reviews I've looked at the 560 ti is at 39db, the 570 is around 42db and the 295 is around 45db, but that's a new one and yours had probably gotten louder as the fans have aged. Remember that dB is a logorithmic unit so 50 dB is 10 times as loud as 40 dB, so it's a more signifigant difference that the numbers make it looks like.