Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family-Windows Vista-play games?

XxseamonkxX

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I have a Windows Vista with a Display adapter called- Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, My problem is I can't play some games or most games I have. All have something like "Can't create Direct3D, Please ensure system has current video drivers" or it says error involving Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family. I have unistalled it and reinstalled the games and the Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family. I have spent countless hours trying to resolve this problem but can't find a solution. Please Help! ASAP

The Intel G33/G31 chipset has the integrated Intel GMA X3100 graphics core. It is not really meant for games. Intel integrated graphics are generally geared towards business related tasks like simple videos and presentations. Not for fragging your despised co-workers.

If you want to play games, then it is recommend to play some older games since it is very weak for modern games. I suppose it can play games from as recent as 2009 at low resolution and graphics quality, but not very smoothly.

If you want smoother game play, then maybe a game that's no more recent than 2004. Otherwise, you need to install a video card. If this is a laptop you are talking about, then you need to buy a new laptop.

well what price you want? I know g31 is chipset has a micro Atx form factor. Which are usually put into small desktop, so can you tell me how big your case is? because some GPU won't fit in Micro Atx form factor cases. There is also a x16 PCIE slot in it so I can give you some suggestion on what you should get.