Whats wrong with my GT440 1GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzail56

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
Hi guys! I recently purchased Geforce GT440, and today i installed mirror's edge.But when i started the game it run smooth(45-50fps).Everything max, physx on,AA to 4x.But when i restarted my pc and run the game again, it crashed at splash screen.I tried everything including patching game, reinstalling game and drivers.But nothing worked.But when i changed my physx processor to CPU, it ran fine but while running physx(curtains, shattered glass) it lags horribly. Every time I select my physx processor to GT440, It crashes.Please help me.I m running latest nvidia drivers.

Solution
Have you removed the old physx related drivers that is in the game folders? If not you need to look that up as it might be the cause of this and if that is it and it works you will notice a performance boost. Why is because this game uses it's own physx related drivers and deleting them there forces it to use physx drivers from somewhere else.

Fuzail56

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

WEll Well Well!.You said Gt440 isn't a good physics card.I m not agree with you.Because i solved the problem and now i am running Mirror's Edge on max setting(physx on) at 35-50 fps.The problem was Nvidia driver itself.Whenever nvidia launches new driver versions, it corrupts the older versions from user computer(personal experience of 3 times).So i downloaded the latest version and everything running fine.Thanks guys for answering me, but i solved the problem by my self.

Fuzail56

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

Yeah i tried but the game was still lagging horribly.But now i solved the problem.How can i close this forum

Have you removed the old physx related drivers that is in the game folders? If not you need to look that up as it might be the cause of this and if that is it and it works you will notice a performance boost. Why is because this game uses it's own physx related drivers and deleting them there forces it to use physx drivers from somewhere else.

Solution

well yes, mirrors edge isnt a graphically demanding game at all, try mafia II with physx on and watch your system crawl to a halt.

Fuzail56

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

Yeah i tried Mafia 2 today and you know my pc really crawling to a halt.But when i deleted NPC physx files from mafia Apex clothes folder, now I am able to play the game on max setting(AA off, Physx high).And the game is running 30-40 FPS.All the small particles and effects(physx one) are still there.

Fuzail56

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
Well today I turned on my pc and ran Mirror's Edge again, and you know it again crashed at splash screen. I changed physx processor to my CPU and it ran fine, but as my processor isn't quite powerful to handle that physx, so my game was lagging

Fuzail56

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

Thanks nforce4max, you just saved my life.When I deleted the physxdevice.dll from game folder, now its working fine with no performance loss. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.