Will EVGA GeForce GTX 260 work on Asrock AM2NF6G-VSTA?

nascar895

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
So..these are my specification...

Asrock AM2NF6G-VSTA mother board
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ CPU @ 2.61GHz
2.0 GB of RAM
500W Q-TEC power supply

i want to know whether GTX 260 will work on this PC..I'm gonna buy it from my friend so please tell this would work..Guys please don't tell me this is a old PC I already know it well....

Solution
Hi there, you do have a PCI-E slot on your motherboard so it should work however your power supply seems like it is not 500 watts, you may need to replace it. Cheap power supplies often do not provide the actual labelled wattage and yours is probably one of them. If you do get it to work then you should expect bottlenecking which means your Video card's performance will be limited by the slow CPU, try overclocking it a bit more to see if you can help.

socialfox

Distinguished
Hi there, you do have a PCI-E slot on your motherboard so it should work however your power supply seems like it is not 500 watts, you may need to replace it. Cheap power supplies often do not provide the actual labelled wattage and yours is probably one of them. If you do get it to work then you should expect bottlenecking which means your Video card's performance will be limited by the slow CPU, try overclocking it a bit more to see if you can help.

Solution