Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz

8.00 GB of RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Bit SP1

Motherboard: ASUS P5Q5

Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 280 MSI

PSU: Silencer 750 EPS 12V

2 500 GB Hard drives in RAID Zero

Problem:

I have been experiencing random computer shutdowns for about a month now. It started while I was playing any game on my system such as Flight Simulator or Star Wars The Old Republic. The shutdowns could be during the beginning of play time or towards the end. They are random. Then my computer would sometimes shutdown while I was searching the internet like Facebook or yahoo, etc. I looked into the problem a little and realized my computer could be overheating. My CPU was overheating a bit. Around 250 F at the most. I replaced my CPU cooler with a Corsair H60 Water Cooler and my CPU temp is not an issue anymore. The problem still exists and is more frequent now. I have tested my PSU, each stick of RAM, and the graphics card but can not find any issues. I have also hooked up my computer to a CyberPower UPS in case there were power fluctuations on my electrical wiring but still the same problem. When the computer does shutdown, there is no power dimming according to the lamp plugged into the computer. There is also no blue screen or any error message, it is just an instantaneous shutdown. I have changed my settings so the computer would not restart by itself like it does now but even with the setting unchecked, it still restarts. I have also brought my computer two other locations other than my home and 1 location it never shuts down no matter how hard you work it. Another location i tried, only for a short 15 minutes, but still didn't shutdown. 15 minutes is definitely long enough for it to shutdown at my house either way. I have had a computer tech look at it and he thinks its the graphics card or the motherboard. Can anyone suggest anything please?

ariscov

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Random shutdowns are usually because of a heat issue.

But it seems a location issue then? If it doesn't shutdown in place "b", but does in place "a" and "c", then there might be a problem with power there.