Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Will nokia 2651 work in USA and in specific Cingular?

Tags:
  • Cingular
  • Nokia
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 1:48:36 AM

I am in South America and have a Nokia 2651. I want to know if it will work
for me back in the US on the cingular system. Someone told me it was triband
but the nokia website states that it is "900/1800 (FR,EFR,HR,AMR)."

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!!!
Brendan

More about : nokia 2651 work usa specific cingular

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:25:01 AM

A search on Phonescoop.com & Nokia shows the 2651 as GSM 850/1900. The
2650 is the 900/1800 version. If you have the latter, then no, it will
not work in the US. The 2651 will work on the Cingular network provided
your provider has a roaming agreement or you use a Cingluar SIM card
(assuming phone is unlocked). I'm not aware of any US providers that
allow you to use a pre-paid SIM in any phone not sold as a pre-paid
phone. Hope it helps.
June 16, 2005 10:42:34 AM

On 15 Jun 2005 20:25:01 -0700, machXS1@comcast.net wrote:

> I'm not aware of any US providers that
>allow you to use a pre-paid SIM in any phone not sold as a pre-paid
>phone. Hope it helps.

Of course you can use it in any compatible phone either gotten from
the carrier or gotten elsewhere provided that it was locked to that
carrier or unlocked. A carrier may bundle certain phones in prepaid
packages but you don't even have to choose that you can just get the
prepaid SIM by itself and use whatever handset you wish.

- -