Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows 7 Geting Code 43 when I plug in my USB HDD

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 7, 2010 7:20:21 PM

hi all ive just got a new laptop with Win 7 on it and ive bin trying to get my USB HDD to work with it but keep geting code 43 does any one know how to fix this? i think i need to download the drivers but can't find them any where for this HDD its a Freecom mobile drive 160GB model code PSJABA IT SAYS ON The back can any one help?
January 7, 2010 7:48:11 PM

Quote:
You shouldn't need drivers for a hdd, windows should install them automatically if it is able to communicate with the drive.

In device manager is there a yellow /!\ next to the device?

Could be anything from a bad cable to bad chipset drivers.

Try this:

First, please disconnect all USB devices and then perform the following steps:

1. Click "Start" button, type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) in the “Search” bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.

2. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".

3. Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.




it dident seme to say Host Controller in there?
m
0
l
January 7, 2010 8:08:18 PM

just dun it it still not working any thing else i can try
m
0
l
Related resources
January 7, 2010 8:31:35 PM

ive just check it on me old laptop thats got vista on it and works fine and i uninstall the driver for it and plug it in and install fine so think its a win 7 problum
m
0
l
January 8, 2010 12:41:32 PM

if you have 4 or more gigs of ram theres a glitch that makes the usb freak out go to 3 gigs or less and see if it goes away
m
0
l
January 8, 2010 12:46:20 PM

Have you checked the BIOS settings for the USB type?

It may be listed under USB Configuration and ensure all settings are enabled and usb 2.0 controller is set to HiSpeed and Legacy USB Support is set to auto or enabled.

Sorry it seems that I may be grasping at straws here for you.
m
0
l
January 8, 2010 2:25:39 PM

its 4GB of ram but it a laptop so i can't take any out if i do i wad loss worronty
m
0
l
January 8, 2010 2:31:19 PM

elmo2006 said:
Have you checked the BIOS settings for the USB type?

It may be listed under USB Configuration and ensure all settings are enabled and usb 2.0 controller is set to HiSpeed and Legacy USB Support is set to auto or enabled.

Sorry it seems that I may be grasping at straws here for you.


there not much in the bios i had a looklast nite but dident see any USB config i try a nover USB HDD on this laptop and it work and tryed all 3 of my USB pen drives and thay worked also i tryed the USB HDD that isent working on this laptop on my old laptop with vista on and it loded up fine i also uninstalled it and reconnected it and it still worked fine i rely don't know what else to try lol this is doing me head in lol. can any one thing of any reson for this?
m
0
l
January 8, 2010 2:44:45 PM

google windows 7 usb problems theres a command line work around with windows 7 to make it only see 3 gigs. i had the same problem on my desktop and just took out a stick when i did my weekly dust cleaning .
m
0
l
January 8, 2010 4:59:04 PM

djm1979 said:
google windows 7 usb problems theres a command line work around with windows 7 to make it only see 3 gigs. i had the same problem on my desktop and just took out a stick when i did my weekly dust cleaning .



i google it but just found a few patchs but nun of them helped
m
0
l
January 10, 2010 4:08:30 PM

heres the link sorry i didnt reply dont check this unless im in class. http://windows7tips.us/USB_Problem.htm part way down the page there a command line work around to make the pc only use 2 gigs till microsoft fixs this. hope it helps.
m
0
l
January 11, 2010 9:22:41 AM

djm1979 said:
heres the link sorry i didnt reply dont check this unless im in class. http://windows7tips.us/USB_Problem.htm part way down the page there a command line work around to make the pc only use 2 gigs till microsoft fixs this. hope it helps.



i try it it said 2GB out of 4GB useable but the drive still not working is there any thing else that mite work?
m
0
l
January 12, 2010 5:23:36 PM

Did software come bundled with tis drive? If so has it been installed? If not installed can you install the software and test - don't forget to restart.

...another grasp here....
m
0
l
January 12, 2010 6:05:09 PM

elmo2006 said:
Did software come bundled with tis drive? If so has it been installed? If not installed can you install the software and test - don't forget to restart.

...another grasp here....



no you never get software with usb HDDs
m
0
l
June 21, 2010 7:04:48 PM

plx try software so it may fix because it is advance here is a link that you can download error code 43 repair
m
0
l
!