Sign in with
Your question

Cant figure out what motheboard i have

Last response: in Motherboards
November 7, 2012 11:49:15 AM

Hey, im looking for advice.
Iam buying new Case, new GPU, and new PSU. The problem is GPU or the PSU dont fit case, thats why im buying a new one.
The problem is i dont know what kind of motherboard i have (mAtx ATX mini-aTX, uATX) .
CPU-Z version 1.61.3 Says at mainboard tab the model is CP6230, thats the name of my computer its a ASUS CP6230.
Now after googling it i dont find any information about the motherboard. If i go to ASUS website and look up the specs it only says there H61, not the name of it or anything. If you guys need more information about it , ask for it if you know what motherboard that computer has. The brand of motherboard is ASUS.

More about : figure motheboard

a c 559 V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 11:59:24 AM

Hi, What are the motherboard's dimensions?
a c 435 V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 12:04:25 PM

If your new case is atx format, you can use either an atx or micro atx board. Simply push out the backplate off your old case and press it on from the inside out. Then place your board over the nearest standoffs of the new case and push it against the backplate. If only 4 standoffs line up with your motherboard holes, then you're ok; check for extra standoffs that touch your old board circuitry and remove them from the new case.
Related resources
November 7, 2012 1:41:59 PM

o1die said:
If your new case is atx format, you can use either an atx or micro atx board. Simply push out the backplate off your old case and press it on from the inside out. Then place your board over the nearest standoffs of the new case and push it against the backplate. If only 4 standoffs line up with your motherboard holes, then you're ok; check for extra standoffs that touch your old board circuitry and remove them from the new case.

Yes it is an ATX case, but it only supports ATX and mATX if the motherboard is uATX will it go?
November 7, 2012 1:44:10 PM

alexoiu said:
Hi, What are the motherboard's dimensions?

Width 112mm heigh 338
November 7, 2012 2:08:11 PM

inerax said:
you should get pc wizard.

this software can (most of the time) tell you what hardware you have.

then you can lookup what the form factor is.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/pc-wizard.html

PC wizard says :
Mainboard Asus CP6230
Bios: american megatrends inc
Chipset Intel H61
Physical memory: 8192 mb ddr3-sdram

Still no sign of the motherboard at google
a c 435 V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 2:42:39 PM

Case standoffs have been standarized for years. Follow my directions and see if the board holes line up with the standoffs of your new case while pressed against the backplate, and you'll be fine. If it doesn't fit, it's cheaper to get another micro atx h61 board than change the case. Your used board will be worth about the same as a new one, but I'll bet it fits perfectly in the new case.
a c 559 V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 3:11:57 PM

arttzuu said:
Width 112mm heigh 338

112 mm for the motherboard? Are you sure?
a c 435 V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 4:42:01 PM

Bad news for you. I downloaded the board manual and found your case pics. Your motherboard is a custom micro BTX format. BTX boards haven't been made in years. The board won't fit in any atx cases; see if you can find a used btx case on ebay or simply replace the board with an older atx model. You might also make a backup dvd of your software and wipe the drive so you can sell the system and start over.
November 8, 2012 2:55:53 PM

o1die said:
Bad news for you. I downloaded the board manual and found your case pics. Your motherboard is a custom micro BTX format. BTX boards haven't been made in years. The board won't fit in any atx cases; see if you can find a used btx case on ebay or simply replace the board with an older atx model. You might also make a backup dvd of your software and wipe the drive so you can sell the system and start over.

Well, then i just have to buy a new motherboard my parents would buy the other parts for christmas i have money myself.
!