Laptop processor upgrade

It does appear that the laptop can be upgraded. Here is the forums from Lenevo http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Z570-Processor-change/td-p/631935.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Hi :)

One of the commonest problems we get in my shops is people who THINK they can strip a Laptop to its last screw and reassemble it and expect it to still work, even though they have a pile of screws and sometimes parts left in their hands lol....

Dont even think about it unless you are a PRO....

All the best Brett :)

shinoda03

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Thanks for your replys, very helpful, I wouldnt attemp to replace the processor myself as my knowledge only goes as far as installing memory which i havent had to do as it came with 8gig installed.

I'm one of those people who take things to pieces and find i have parts left :D

G

Have you upgraded it yet? i have the same laptop and i really want an i7. The i3 is bothering me so much

shinoda03

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
yes, i upgraded to an i5 2520m 2.5ghz and 3.1ghz with turbo boost, i had to download the turbo boost software from intel, I risked changing the cpu myself and it wasnt too hard to do after reading up on how to do it and apply thermal paste properly.

G

where did you get the 2520m, and how is the performance of the computer now?

G

as the 2520m is a dual core processor, do you think i could put an i7-2670QM instead? Thats a quad core and thats included in one of the models for the laptop.

TRENDING THREADS