Closed Solved

Do I need a higher PSU to go 560 ti SLI?

I have the following system

Intel Core i7 2600 (not OC'ed obviously)
Gigabyte GA-z68x-ud3h-b3
8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
EVGA Superclocked GTX 560 TI
Corsair 600T Case
Corsair TX v2 750 watt Power Supply
Adata S510 120GB SSD
Asus DVD+RW

If I add another EVGA Superclocked GTX 560 TI, do I need a higher wattage PSU?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about higher
  1. Its probably fine to run with the 750.
  2. You should be able to get by with that psu. You're right on the edge.
  3. What happens if you go over the edge?
  4. Unexpected shutdowns or blue screens. No damage.
  5. abekl said:
    Unexpected shutdowns or blue screens. No damage.

Actually low power on a computer can cause damage.
  6. Michilius said:
    I have the following system

Intel Core i7 2600 (not OC'ed obviously)
    Gigabyte GA-z68x-ud3h-b3
    8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
    EVGA Superclocked GTX 560 TI
    Corsair 600T Case
    Corsair TX v2 750 watt Power Supply
    Adata S510 120GB SSD
    Asus DVD+RW

If I add another EVGA Superclocked GTX 560 TI, do I need a higher wattage PSU?

You're perfectly fine to add another gpu with your specs.
    No worries!
  7. Low power can also cause overheating issues. However I don't think that you are all the much on the edge. Have you plugged the components into a psu calculator? That should give you the projected maximum load. As long as that is under your psu you should be fine.
  8. You'll be fine, 560 TI in SLI + your other hardware should be around 500w +/- 50.
  9. Best answer
    For a system using two GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 700 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 50 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Your Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 (CMPSU-750TXV2), with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 62 Amps and four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to handle the addition of a second GeForce GTX 560 Ti and do some overclocking.
  10. ko888 said:
    For a system using two GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 700 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 50 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Your Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 (CMPSU-750TXV2), with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 62 Amps and four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to handle the addition of a second GeForce GTX 560 Ti and do some overclocking.

ko888,
    Thanks for the info. I was looking for nvidia's minimum spec for SLI and couldn't find it. Could you direct me to where you found the 700W/50 amp minimum requirement?
  11. Best answer selected by michilius.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components