Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
HI,
I have a DVD and CD-RW and was looking for software other than what came with the system..."Adaptec"...I'm considering Adaptec EZ CD Creator Deluxe and Click N Burn Pro...any suggestions?

TIA

See ya...Jerry

G

I have been using adaptec easy cd creator for a few years now and i really like it. but in reality no software is all that much better than another it is just what you become used to. adaptec is very simple to use.

pill128

Take your Pill, and get some sleep.

G

Clone CD is the best for burning copywrite protection like safe disk, I also use Nero Burning Rom

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I like Adaptec Easy CD Creator and Nero.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

There is none better than CDRwin. This software lets you actually view the data bits. ( not that you need to do that)
Nero and Clone CD are good as well. Adaptec is crap.
just my opinion.

jvanber

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
Total package, I'd have to go with EZCD creator. If you have specific needs, psx concerns, etc, then maybe you'd like CDRWIN, but most people don't have any concern over which bits are written to which sector of the ROM. :O)

If copying disks and burning data to a CD is what you're after, you can't go wrong with the Adaptec stuff. They're support for drives is great, as well.

Joshua

G

I despise Adaptec Easy Coaster Creator. I honestly don't know what you guys see in it. I especially like it's ability to NOT tell you there's problems with your MP3 files (like Nero tells you) and allows you to add them to the audio list anyways, as it spits out a 2-10 second piece of it on the final CD. Plus side is that even in the audio previewer, you can SEE the short representation of the bad audio track and remove it. But still. I also find it's need to image all your files completely redundant. And it's CD copier craps out all the time.
I bought Nero5 online and have been happy for the last 4 months.

Mark

jvanber

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
Interesting, I've never had those problems with EZCD Creator. I wonder if your inability to copy CD's is related to your MP3-burning capabilities.

Like I said, whatever trips your trigger. I've had good luck with the Adaptec stuff since its inception.

Joshua

G

Lets Talk I have a Creative 8 4 32 and I can test using Nero and I get the message that I have a scsi Ide problem. I removed the Nero and reloaded it. no help I downloaded the latest Driver for it and I'm told that Nero is the one that knows that it is a writer. the downloaded file sits in a folder in Explorer after running it. I am using Mp3 files to be converted to wav files. (Is this wav file the one I want to use to play on my favorite Player Sony Auto or Sony Boom box.) I have done CD Copy which works great but I can't tell for sure if the files have been converted, before burning. Back to the Ide thing. I have a Se440bx mb running a Pent 3 550 Win98se what can I try ? Thanks The writer is on the Secondary Master Ide with a Tec 40x as a slave. Nero always asks which is the Burner.

jvanber

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
Well, you might want to make sure that your TEC40X ROM drive is the slave on your primary controller. This will improve your CD to CD burning capabilities AS LONG as you aren't doing anything that will cause significant hard-disk I/O. Only one device can use an IDE controller at a time.

Also, check here: http://www.clok.creaf.com/creative/drivers/cdrom/cdrw8432_fw107.zip

This is a firmware update for your CDRW dated 9/28/00. It will update your drive's firmware to revision 1.07 (provided your model number is "CREATIVE CD-RW RW8432E"). If your drive is already at 1.07, you won't need to flash it.

This is a good first step to troubleshooting the problem. Check to make sure that NERO supports your drive, and that there isn't some NERO_patch that you can download that will add support for your drive.

Good luck

Joshua