Sign in with
Your question

Need help with Mobo

Last response: in Systems
October 12, 2011 3:04:21 AM

Hi, I need help connecting everything with my mobo which is a MSI P67A-GD53. I put in my intel 2400 processor in it and RAM, but Im having a hard time connecting from my mobo to my hard drive. My hard drive is a Samsung spinpoint f3 1 TB Sata 3.0 Gb 16 MB Cache 3.5 inch, and I tried to connect my sata 6 g/bs to it, but it wont fit.

Im also using a Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, and a mod X stream-pro 500w. I have like no idea where to connect it besides the main power connector. I also need to connect something to my ASUS DVD burner. I just dont know where to connect everything, and I looked at the mobo manual and is kind of confusing to me. Please help anybody~~thanks

More about : mobo

October 12, 2011 11:04:34 PM

According to the specs, that MB has 2 SATA 6GB and 4 SATA 3GB connections. The connections for both are the same, so I do not understand why you cannot connect your hard drive.

Is your DVD burner also SATA? If so, then connect it to any SATA 3GB connection.
m
l
October 12, 2011 11:23:53 PM

Ya i was able to connect the 2 sata cables to my hard drive and dvd burner. Ive connected everything but now i need help powering up my xcomputer. When i turb on the switch for my power supply my motherboard power button lights up. I tried pressing the button and it makes like a flash..so im afraid its breaking a circuit or something. I tried turning on my computer from my antec 900 case and nothing happens.
m
l
!