GTX560 ti voltage

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
hi there,i have a gigabyte gtx560 ti overclocked video card,i have returned it under warranty regarding noise and stability(when gaming)problems,it was replaced with a new card,but i still see some crashing in some games and have decreased the core clock from 900mhz to 870mhz,from what i have read,increasing the voltage(now at 1000) can support the factory clock speed,is it safe to increase the voltage to(1050)on msi afterburner, i have read this can solve the crashing problem,any help is much appreciated,thanks

You should be well within the normal operating range at 1050v. Too bad you have to tweak your card just to get it to work properly, though.

voltagetuning.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_560_Twin_Frozr_II/26.html

Well actually, i believe that the Gigabyte works different than the MSI. I have an Gigabyte 560 ti soc 950 and it runs idle on 1.04 and in gaming on 1.15 or even more. ( ieeeks ) There were a lot of problems in the beginning with the gigabytes because of the underpowered GPU ( first it ran at 0.95 ) Only use the latest drivers and OC guru from the official gigabyte site and run oc guru while playing, only these will maximize the voltage settings and prevent crashing and stuff. Also download the bios utility to check if you have the latest bios and if needed it can flash it. It did fix all the crash and reboot problems i had with it.

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

i have downloaded the bios from gigabyte,should i just install it,i have no idea how to flash it,then shall i simply increase the voltage via msi afterburner to 1050v..?.my knowledge is limited so any help is appreciated.thanks

If you're not a computer wiz like me i would not try to experiment with the voltage. And probably then it will still not work properly, because of the different settings between idle and in game. With the right driver it does that automaticly, i believe even with oc guru off, but i'm not sure of that, i like to run it with oc guru on anyway. Did you also download the latest drivers ? ( watch out you get the right ones, there are i think 3 or 4 versions of the SOC, when you select one you get a picture of the model, it should be the excect same as you have ! )
Just do a "clean" install of your new drivers and than run the bios utility, first back up your old bios with the utility and than check if that version is older ( you check it by running " flash "), also with the utility, it will explain itself. When you have to check the version you will see something like GV-N560SO-1GI-900, you can click on that, then open. It will than probably say ; the bios version is the same etc. This means you have got the latest version allready and when it doesn't it will flash to the newest bios. Even i could do it so it can't be really hard. Good luck !

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

thanks alot for your help,at this stage i found by running at at 870mhz core clock it seems quite stable,i will try this for a few days to see the result.thanks again for the advice

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

i agree,i returned this card to gigabyte twice,the first time it seemed nothing was done.second time they replaced it,but this model still has some issue"s,it seems happy at 870mhz