Closed Solved

Heat Sink Duel Fan Question

I currently have a i5-2500k using a XIGMATEK Gaia as a heatsink with the fan in a push configuration (aimed out the back of the case - Corsair 500r), I plan on OC'ing my CPU this weekend and was wondering how much benefit I would gain from adding another fan to create a duel push/pull configuration on the heatsink?? I have been able to find reviews (with temp numbers) on the Gaia for the fan that comes with it but haven't been able to find any numbers or reviews for a duel config. Also is there anything I should know that makes a duel config a bad idea? (dust build up maybe??)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about heat sink duel question
  1. Best answer
    Hi :)

I have Push/Pull on my cpu fan and it improved my idle temps by 3 degrees...

So yes its a good idea but make sure one fan PULLS air in and the other fan PUSHES air out to back of case...

All the best Brett :)
  2. You're really not going to get that much of a change. At most it will probably lower your temps by 3 or 4 degree's.
  3. @Brett - Do you have your CPU OC'ed?
  4. Lokster1 said:
    @Brett - Do you have your CPU OC'ed?

Hi :)

Nope...just a bog standard 1100T 6 CORE... with a 2 gb 5870 that puts out a LOT of heat lol :)

All the best Brett :)
  5. Since you plan on overclockinig and fans are somewhat cheap I say do it.
    But note that you probably dont have another cpu fan header on your motherboard to control it.
  6. popatim said:
    Since you plan on overclockinig and fans are somewhat cheap I say do it.
    But note that you probably dont have another cpu fan header on your motherboard to control it.

I got a fairly high end mobo and it does have a second header =D I think the decision is to put another fan on it. Anyone with a duel system see dust build up??
  7. Dust build up will depend on your case and where it is. When I had dual fan's on a Hyper 212 I can't say I noticed any extra dust build up. But then again the Obsidian has a million duster cover's so that helps.
  8. Best answer selected by Lokster1.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Configuration Fan Heatsinks Product