Sign in with
Your question

Motheroard warranty in other regions

Last response: in Motherboards
November 7, 2012 4:00:22 PM

I just want to know if a motherboard purchased in one country (USA) will be covered by warranty in another country (India).
Please mention if there are specific brands that provide this kind of warranty.
Thanks.
a b V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 4:09:12 PM

That will depend on the manufacturer, but I would not get my hopes up. Due to the differences in laws between countries, it's usually cheaper and easier to just produce a product for a specific region. Some element used in the construction might be perfectly legal in say India, but illegal in the EU or US. It could even be the other way around just as easily.

So, the best thing to do would probably be to contact the manufacturer of the board(s) you are looking at. I'd have to double check the warranties on motherboards, but I know Asus does have an international warranty for at least some products, so it's not inconceivable that other companies are similar.
m
l
November 7, 2012 4:20:32 PM

Thank you.
Can you tell me how I can find out which ASUS products have international warranty?
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 5:48:57 PM

nikhilmitta said:
Thank you.
Can you tell me how I can find out which ASUS products have international warranty?

http://www.service.asus.com/#!limited-hardware-warranty/c1pwf

That will let you review the general terms of the warranty for US products. If the product has an international warranty, you will see an international warranty section.
m
l
November 8, 2012 2:48:11 AM

I could only find this section.

Quote:

ASUS Premium Service (APS)

The ASUS Premium Service (APS) program is designed to provide peace of mind to our valued customers using the P6T series and ASUS ROG (Republic of Gamers) products for the best gaming experience.

The APS program is available for End-Users and Resellers in United States and Canada ONLY.
[unquote]
I am not sure what the premium service is. It does not actually mention whether motherboards have international warranty.

Can someone say about other brands like ASRock and Gigabyte?
m
l
!