There appears to be no power going to the system please help

aeontrinity75

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
Several weeks ago my system stopped powering on, I then started to replace various components until I have now replaced everything except the hard drives, wireless network card and the case itself and yet it will not power on. I quite frankly am very confused (not to mention irritated and annoyed) and could use some help. Is it possible the power switch on the case itself is bad? I have quadrupled checked the front panel header connections to ensure they are placed correctly.

System configuration
Gigabyte GA-A75M-D2H rev 1.0
AMD Quad Core A6-3650 2.6ghz
Corsair TX650 power supply
LG sata DVD drive
3 sata hard drives of various sizes
2 2gb ddr3 memory
geoforce galaxy GT520 PCI-E
wireless network card

Thanks for any assistance

aeontrinity75

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009

I have been going through the checklist, steps 1-6 are confirmed from 7 on I have reseated all the components but system still will not turn on.

Breadboarding seems interesting but I do not have a KVM switch and must admit I am hesitant to use the screwdriver on a pin. Unfortunately the case I have does not have an internal speaker

Thanks for the checklist

aeontrinity75

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
well from the text

'As you can see from the connected drives, I basically have a caseless system. The cables in back go to my KVM switch. This is more elaborate than necessary. All you really need is a system speaker to hear the BIOS beeps and a way to turn the computer on. The simplest way is to use a small screwdriver on the appropriate pins. In this case, I do not have a problem. The eVGA 680i motherboard has built in power and reset switches and a built in beeper.'

The underlined portion is the part I am unsure of, and I lack the beeper

thanks

aeontrinity75

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009

Unfortunately I lack a confirmed PSU/Motherboard both of them are new components purchased in the 2 weeks, I do have a bit of a noob question is it possible to power on the system using something besides the front panel header? I hold a slight hope that the case switch may be bad it is a rather generic mid tower case that is about 7 years old

aeontrinity75

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009

Thanks for the advice, I finally got the time to build it out of the case and it started right up, remounted to case and no problems at all no idea why since I had reseated everything a couple of times but as long as it keeps going

Thanks again