Asus P8Z77 V and G.SKILLS 16gb ram issues

hamzz

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
My P8Z77 in my new built wont load the bios when i try to boot it up. The cpu led shine red for a split second and then turns off and the Dram MemOk! led shines red. I've tried every slot with 1 or 2 ram sticks in the slots and I can't seem to get it to go away. Do you think this problem is because of bad ram or a bad cpu? My ram is suppose to be compatible with my motherboard so I'm not sure whats happening. Any input is very appreciated.

Specs-
i7 3770k
gtx 680 classified
ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
16 gb G.SKILLS Ram
hyper 212 cooler
750w corsair power supply
1 samsung 830 ssd
1tb seagate hhd
lite 0n optical drive

hamzz

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

I've taken out the cpu twice to check for bent pins and there aren't any as far as i can see. Is taking the motherboard and all the components out needed? It took me 6 1/2 hours to assemble..

Although not listed, it should work, IMO. Check though for an extra standoff. Cleaning the CMOS might also help. Make sure the module is properly inserted. I know it's difficult, but with the board outside, you have a better control regarding the components installation.

hamzz

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Seems my ram wasn't fully installed and needed to be pressed down harder :D saved me a lot of trouble shooting :) for installing drivers i only need the most recent versions right?