[Homebuild] Budget Gamer 500-700

jtw1n

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Currently this is what I'm looking at so far.

GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

I currently have a 9800gt which I am going to use for now til my birthday/Christmas time. I plan to get a gtx 560 or something around that then. I also have a case picked out already. I also thought about going from the price range the build is at and stepping up to a intel 2500 processor and a fitting mb if someone could suggest a system around that to compare. Thanks

night_wolf

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Case (you decide)
Optical Drive (You decide)

I would suggest

Intel i7 2600k
Gigabyte Ga-p67a-ud7
ddr3 any brand just 1600 or higher
GTX 590 3gb

when you go for amd go with a radeon gpu

And intel go for Nvidia

farsuka

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011

I'd love to see a build with a gtx 590 and 2600k for less than 700 dollars

why?
at this budget a phenom kicks butt dollar for dollar .

The OP should buy a 955 instead of the 965 though since its simple to overclock to even 980 speeds . One change in BIOS .

Im aware of the anandtech benchmarks . They are meaningless to a $600 budget because of the system set up .

A real system built to that budget performs quite differently

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom-ii-overclock-graphics-card,3032.html
The Phenom kicks sand in the face of the i3 2100 everywhere except gaming at stock speeds , and when moderately OCed it leaves the the i3 behind there as well .

The $500 build needs to be modified to include an AM3+ motherboard , some nice gSkill RAM and maybe a better case . Once you have done that the budget hits $600 .
And it still spanks the i3 2100

night_wolf

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011

Look I don't appreciate being attacked on a forum, firstly I find it extremely disrespectful, Secondly everybody is entitled to give their own opinion without having to deal with Internet libel.

Is this not a forum for advice?

The last time I checked this wasn't a chartroom, where people personally attack each other.

Thank you and id appreciate it if you keep your negative comments to yourself in the future, as it is not helping anyone on this forum that has got actual questions and solid advice.

night_wolf

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011

So based on your "opinion", do you believe that all your previous posts were flawless?

I give advice to other people on this forum based on my experiences and knowledge
and I just do not understand why you would personally attack someone for giving advice to others

Enough said, I do not see a reason to waste any more of my time on this longer than i already have.

Your advice in this thread should also have considered the OP's budget
Suggesting a top end cpu , and a graphics card that [ alone] cost more than the entire budget without even asking about the games and/or resolution the OP wants to play at was ill advised .

Other aspects of your advice seem somewhat lacking too . There is , for instance, no need to use an nVidia graphics card with an intel processor . There is no technical reason for this , no opinion given about why you think this and usually its bad advice at the OP's budget range

night_wolf

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
I understand what you are stating,although i suppose we all come from different countries in the world and where i am from, with just a few $ more you can afford to buy those parts,etc with the budget that was stated

Isn't it worth it to put in a bit more $ to get a more future proof system?

TRENDING THREADS