Sign in with
Your question

[Budget]Help on my $350-$450 PC. Also some help on picking my mobo!

Last response: in Systems
October 12, 2011 10:26:44 AM

Ooops, my first thread was bad (I think so) since I haven't read the *How To Ask For New Build Advice* thread. Sorry for that. So I'm just a student(16) and my budget is not so flexible. If I am unfortunate enough I get the $350 budget, but if I could get my dad to $100 more that'd be gold. I'm from Philippines so I have bad and least options I get.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approximate Purchase Date: 2 Days

Budget Range: $350-$450

System Usage from Most to Least Important: not so casual but also not so hardcore gaming use

Parts Not Required: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speaker

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg? I think so.

Country of Origin:Philippines

Parts Preferences: Either Intel or AMD (more preferably Intel); Nvidia or ATI; Generic or Branded PSU/Casing; anything fit for my budget

Overclocking: Nope

SLI or Crossfire: Neh

Monitor Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Additional Comments: I do have a build in mind listed below. It is separted by the $350 Budget and the $450;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. The $350 Budget.
1. CPU - Intel i3 2100 for $127 here in the Philippines.
2. Motherboard - P67 or H67, I don't know, but from what I learned that H67 does support the on-board grpahics from the CPU (does this mean I can't install a Video Card to the H67?) while P67 does have greater support for Video Card. Budget: better if there are good mobo for $80 and below; if it's better that I should spend $20 more, my budget for mobo would be $80-$100
3. RAM - Any 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) that is good for my budget.
4. Video Card - ATI Radeon 4850? (how much is 4850 by the way?). Anything good for my budget, say $80?
5. PSU - 500W Generic but if theres a better PSU that fits to my remaining budget the better.
6. Casing - Generic but better if branded that fits to my remaining money.

B. If I'm lucky, the $450 Budget. (bows down)
1. CPU - Intel i5 2500 (not the K series since I don't plan on OCing) for about $200 here in the Philippines.
2. Motherboard - Same as the option in A but something good or my CPU. Budget: $100-$110
3. RAM - Any 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) that is good for my budget.
4. Video Card - ATI Radeon 4850? (how much is 4850 by the way?). Anything good for my budget, say $80?
5. PSU - 500W Generic but if theres a better PSU that fits to my remaining budget the better.
6. Casing - Generic but better if branded that fits to my remaining money.

Question:
1. If I get to buy a H67 mobo does that mean I can't install a Video Card like the 4850?
2. Should I buy an Audio card or just use the onboard audio chispet?

Thanks! and please be easy on me, it's my first time here! :D DD

Edit: You can also suggest a build AMD or Intel, ATI or Nvidia that is better than what I have in mind for my budget.
October 12, 2011 10:46:13 AM

I can answer questions:
1.You can install GPU on H67,but if you don't,it's not problem for H67
2.You should go with the onboard one with your budget
Some recommendations:
1.You can go with H61 chipset MB if you want to save for other components,such as better GPU
2.Go with i3-2100 anyway if it's option A or B...If you'll go with B,just save for another components
3.Go with MATX boards since they're smaller and cheaper
!