X6 1100t temps - Is something wrong?

xjustelevenx

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
wCIxQ.jpg

It... can't be right? Speedfan shows at 47c (CPU).

[edit] pic is from AMD Overdrive.

floatpoint

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Depending on your MB, it might come with its own cpu monitoring application. I have and asus baord and use PC Probe to monitor my temps which seem pretty much equal to the bios temps. You check the real cpu temp by hitting the reset button and quickly entering the bios and going to the section where the temps are displayed. If you do it quickly enough, the bcpu should have cooled by only about 1 or 2 degrees celcius. Compare that temp to the your speedfan and overdrive readings to see which is giving the more accurate result.

But like I said, use the app designed specifically for your MB if it came with one (also check the MB's manufacturer website for available software apps if its not on the orignal drivers disc)

noahscorp

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Hello :D

I use to use speedfan UNTILL i noticed it was reading my GTX580's temp and registering it under CPU temps ¬_¬
Then i used HW monitor which does work.
As far as your temps are they're nothing really to worry about, anything between 40-60 is fine.
What are you using to cool the CPU?

xjustelevenx

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
It occurs I didn't make the problem identifiable enough.

In my first picture, Core Temp and CPU temp is a good 20c apart...

In my second temp, You can clearly see where HW monitor and AMD Overdrive so different CPU temps.

Is overdrive showing the correct temps? As 40 core and 64 cpu temp... sounds weird...

Thank you. - Ps. V8 cooler.

xjustelevenx

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
(can't edit above post...)

[Edit]

The second picture is the same screen, same picture, same..time.. ~ Both programs running at the sametime with different temps. (Perhaps that has people confused?)