Upgrading My Graphics Card Need Assistance!

AustinFernandes

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Hey guys I'm thinking of upgrading my gaming computer so here i am!!! Need a bit of help tho if you didn't notice.

What I need help with is related to upgrading my computers graphics card.

Here it is:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130663&nm_mc=OTC-Channel&cm_mmc=OTC-channel-_-Video+Cards-_-EVGA-_-14130663&srccode=cii_7240466&cpncode=21-14000866&DEPA=0&refer=channel&CMP=OTC-

Um...
I was told that some computers dont take certain graphics cards???(Not sure To be honest)
Also not sure if ill have enough wattage or power supply to support it. Ummm Also saw in the reviews that it doesnt fit in some desktop towers? How can i tell???

My computer specs are:

Prcessor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B55 Processor 3.20Ghz
Installed Memory(Ram): 4.00GB (3.75 GB usable) <--Upgraded a week ago ;3
Windows 7 64-bit
My screen is a 19inch non widescreen sony piece of doodoo > Upgrading next
Power Supply 500W
Display adapter: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
Not sure what my motherboard is :/ If thats needed or not.

Help will be greatly appreciated!

Also is 500w good enough? Or do i need to upgrade?

AustinFernandes

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
TBH I wanna keep with the Geforce GTS 450. Just because my friend has it and i feel safer in my mind because I've seen his computer function with it xD I have one more final question if you guys could help me out. I'm wondering if my connectors and such will be fine with the video card i linked up there or do i need to buy some??? And your sure 500W is good for that video card?? :p

zhongyan

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010

Whats your PSU Brand/Model?

If you are comfortable with your Nvidia card selection, and your friend is happy with his, then by all means stick with it. Don't be afraid to overclock the GTS 450. It has a lot of headroom for overclocking, and will deliver a decent boost.

Your PSU is plenty for that card.

perfrel.gif

If you wanted a higher performing alternative within that budget range, check out the GTX 550 Ti for the exact same price (after rebate):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625

perfrel.gif