Sonic Adventure Retrospect

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

When I first attempted and played through the original Sonic Adventure
for the Dreamcast those five years ago, I would never had thought the
game to really draw me back past finishing the final boss. But I have
since proven myself wrong when I re-played it in May 2002, and then once
in August of this year.

The game has an undisbutable charm to it; the soundtrack is amazing and
it hits all the right notes on the nostalgia factor for me. The game is
enjoyable even within its own select RPG elements. I don't know how many
times I have just simply enjoyed running around and relaxing while
listening to the music in the Rain Forest section of the Mystic Ruins.

Anyone else care to comment?
--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen
http://coryhansen.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

> When I first attempted and played through the original Sonic Adventure
> for the Dreamcast those five years ago, I would never had thought the
> game to really draw me back past finishing the final boss. But I have
> since proven myself wrong when I re-played it in May 2002, and then once
> in August of this year.
>
> The game has an undisbutable charm to it; the soundtrack is amazing and
> it hits all the right notes on the nostalgia factor for me. The game is
> enjoyable even within its own select RPG elements. I don't know how many
> times I have just simply enjoyed running around and relaxing while
> listening to the music in the Rain Forest section of the Mystic Ruins.
>
> Anyone else care to comment?

I really dig it as well, love playing through it...though, believe it or
not, I've not actually beaten it yet(that I can remember). I'll, no doubt,

If I ever get a GC, I hope to get Sonic Adv DX...as it really has been
cleaned up quite a bit from the DC version(not that the DC version was bad
in any way, shape or form, this new version just kicks everything up a
notch, making it even better). :)

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
or http://users2.ev1.net/~belpowerslave/

"Time to rub your face in it...with my ass. I'm so much better than you."
- Trixie, Outlaw Volleyball

"BelPowerslave" <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message
>> When I first attempted and played through the original Sonic Adventure
>> for the Dreamcast those five years ago, I would never had thought the
>> game to really draw me back past finishing the final boss. But I have
>> since proven myself wrong when I re-played it in May 2002, and then once
>> in August of this year.
>>
>> The game has an undisbutable charm to it; the soundtrack is amazing and
>> it hits all the right notes on the nostalgia factor for me. The game is
>> enjoyable even within its own select RPG elements. I don't know how many
>> times I have just simply enjoyed running around and relaxing while
>> listening to the music in the Rain Forest section of the Mystic Ruins.
>>
>> Anyone else care to comment?
>>

> I really dig it as well, love playing through it...though, believe it or
> not, I've not actually beaten it yet(that I can remember). I'll, no doubt,
>
> If I ever get a GC, I hope to get Sonic Adv DX...as it really has been
> cleaned up quite a bit from the DC version(not that the DC version was bad
> in any way, shape or form, this new version just kicks everything up a
> notch, making it even better). :)

Doesn't the GC version have pretty bad framerate flucuation problems?

Anyway, playing SA1 on DC is rather difficult now-a-days, because of the
choppy frame rate which barely maintains 30fps, *especially* compared to
SA2's near-rock solid frame rate.

--
goodcow
goodcowfilms.com

> Bel
> --
> Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
> or http://users2.ev1.net/~belpowerslave/
>
> "Time to rub your face in it...with my ass. I'm so much better than you."
> - Trixie, Outlaw Volleyball

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

BelPowerslave <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message news:<4145BD9E.3E29F2EF@ev1.net>...
> > When I first attempted and played through the original Sonic Adventure
> > for the Dreamcast those five years ago, I would never had thought the
> > game to really draw me back past finishing the final boss. But I have
> > since proven myself wrong when I re-played it in May 2002, and then once
> > in August of this year.
> >
> > The game has an undisbutable charm to it; the soundtrack is amazing and
> > it hits all the right notes on the nostalgia factor for me. The game is
> > enjoyable even within its own select RPG elements. I don't know how many
> > times I have just simply enjoyed running around and relaxing while
> > listening to the music in the Rain Forest section of the Mystic Ruins.
> >
> > Anyone else care to comment?
I really loved Sonic Adventure when it first came out-- I remmeber
being mesmorized by the whale chasing in Emerald Beach back in 1999. I
recently picked up Sonic Adventure DX an while I wasn't as impressed
originally, I still had a load of fun.
> I really dig it as well, love playing through it...though, believe it or
> not, I've not actually beaten it yet(that I can remember). I'll, no doubt,
>
> If I ever get a GC, I hope to get Sonic Adv DX...as it really has been
> cleaned up quite a bit from the DC version(not that the DC version was bad
> in any way, shape or form, this new version just kicks everything up a
> notch, making it even better). :)
>
> Bel
Yeah man, grab Sonic Adventure DX-- it made Player's Choice recently.
With the $20 price tag and all those Game Gear games, it's required
gaming in thirten states and Puerto Rico.

"sega_addict" <trekkie8713@msn.com> wrote in message
> BelPowerslave <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message
>> > When I first attempted and played through the original Sonic Adventure
>> > for the Dreamcast those five years ago, I would never had thought the
>> > game to really draw me back past finishing the final boss. But I have
>> > since proven myself wrong when I re-played it in May 2002, and then
>> > once
>> > in August of this year.
>> >
>> > The game has an undisbutable charm to it; the soundtrack is amazing and
>> > it hits all the right notes on the nostalgia factor for me. The game is
>> > enjoyable even within its own select RPG elements. I don't know how
>> > many
>> > times I have just simply enjoyed running around and relaxing while
>> > listening to the music in the Rain Forest section of the Mystic Ruins.
>> >
>> > Anyone else care to comment?
> I really loved Sonic Adventure when it first came out-- I remmeber
> being mesmorized by the whale chasing in Emerald Beach back in 1999. I
> recently picked up Sonic Adventure DX an while I wasn't as impressed
> originally, I still had a load of fun.
>> I really dig it as well, love playing through it...though, believe it or
>> not, I've not actually beaten it yet(that I can remember). I'll, no
>> doubt,
>>
>> If I ever get a GC, I hope to get Sonic Adv DX...as it really has been
>> cleaned up quite a bit from the DC version(not that the DC version was
>> bad
>> in any way, shape or form, this new version just kicks everything up a
>> notch, making it even better). :)
>>
>> Bel
> Yeah man, grab Sonic Adventure DX-- it made Player's Choice recently.
> With the $20 price tag and all those Game Gear games, it's required
> gaming in thirten states and Puerto Rico.

Isn't Players Choice MSRP $29.99?

--
goodcow
goodcowfilms.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

> Isn't Players Choice MSRP $29.99?
When the Player's Choice lineup debuted for the Gamecube, I remember
titles being priced at 29.99. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Pikmin, Super
Smash Brothers, and perhaps some more first party titles started out
at 29.99. With the exception of Super Smash Brothers and Super Mario
Sunshine, each Player's Choice game is now 19.99. Which was quite a
pleasant surprise that Nintendo had dropped the 29.99 MSRP.
Unless, of course, I'm in some la-la alternate universe where things
don't make sense and everyone has goatees and eyepatches. Even in that
case, I don't care, I'm getting Player's Choice games cheaper than you
guys. =p