Use bluetooth mobile as a mouse substitute

Tags:
  • Bluetooth
  • Mobile
  • Java
Last response: in Technologies
October 12, 2004 6:36:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

I just had a pretty cool idea for a Java application on a bluetooth
mobile handset, see what you think (and whether somebody has already
developed something like it):

Take a bluetooth-enabled laptop, which you are using to deliver a
powerpoint presentation, and a bluetooth-enabled mobile with Java.
What if you could use your mobile as a substitute for the laptop
mouse, just basic functions like PgUp and PgDn, so you can "click"
your own presentation?

Is it possible at all? I believe no mobiles would come with built-in
HID bluetooth profile, can we do it using Java?

If anybody has any ideas, just let us know!

Andre Teixeira
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Nokia 8910i
Palmone Tungsten|T3
Compaq Evo w/ Anycom BT dongle

More about : bluetooth mobile mouse substitute

Anonymous
October 13, 2004 6:19:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

The Sony Ericsson K700i comes with HID profile, and built-in applications
for mouse control, power point control and Windows media Player (or winamp)
control (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3366 for a review
and a couple of pictures of these apps)

The application you're suggesting would not need HID if a server is
available on the PC - like Sailing Clicker.

"Andre Teixeira" <andre_m_teixeira@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just had a pretty cool idea for a Java application on a bluetooth
> mobile handset, see what you think (and whether somebody has already
> developed something like it):
>
> Take a bluetooth-enabled laptop, which you are using to deliver a
> powerpoint presentation, and a bluetooth-enabled mobile with Java.
> What if you could use your mobile as a substitute for the laptop
> mouse, just basic functions like PgUp and PgDn, so you can "click"
> your own presentation?
>
> Is it possible at all? I believe no mobiles would come with built-in
> HID bluetooth profile, can we do it using Java?
>
> If anybody has any ideas, just let us know!
>

> Andre Teixeira
> Sao Paulo, Brazil
>
> Nokia 8910i
> Palmone Tungsten|T3
> Compaq Evo w/ Anycom BT dongle
October 15, 2004 12:05:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

This already exists and it is/was free. I was a product called "pc control"
I think...by someone named Christianson. I URL was christianson.org but
that doesn't come up for me anymore. I maybe misspelling it though. It
worked with my Ericsson T68 and Belkin bluetooth dongle.

WEB

"Andre Teixeira" <andre_m_teixeira@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just had a pretty cool idea for a Java application on a bluetooth
> mobile handset, see what you think (and whether somebody has already
> developed something like it):
>
> Take a bluetooth-enabled laptop, which you are using to deliver a
> powerpoint presentation, and a bluetooth-enabled mobile with Java.
> What if you could use your mobile as a substitute for the laptop
> mouse, just basic functions like PgUp and PgDn, so you can "click"
> your own presentation?
>
> Is it possible at all? I believe no mobiles would come with built-in
> HID bluetooth profile, can we do it using Java?
>
> If anybody has any ideas, just let us know!
>

> Andre Teixeira
> Sao Paulo, Brazil
>
> Nokia 8910i
> Palmone Tungsten|T3
> Compaq Evo w/ Anycom BT dongle
October 15, 2004 8:01:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

There is also Salling Clicker for the Mac. I think it is also available
for the PC. You can find it on Version Tracker.

In article <FxLbd.3801$mP3.2502@trnddc08>,
"Web" <dudemannospam@verizon.net> wrote:

> This already exists and it is/was free. I was a product called "pc control"
> I think...by someone named Christianson. I URL was christianson.org but
> that doesn't come up for me anymore. I maybe misspelling it though. It
> worked with my Ericsson T68 and Belkin bluetooth dongle.
>
> WEB
>
> "Andre Teixeira" <andre_m_teixeira@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I just had a pretty cool idea for a Java application on a bluetooth
> > mobile handset, see what you think (and whether somebody has already
> > developed something like it):
> >
> > Take a bluetooth-enabled laptop, which you are using to deliver a
> > powerpoint presentation, and a bluetooth-enabled mobile with Java.
> > What if you could use your mobile as a substitute for the laptop
> > mouse, just basic functions like PgUp and PgDn, so you can "click"
> > your own presentation?
> >
> > Is it possible at all? I believe no mobiles would come with built-in
> > HID bluetooth profile, can we do it using Java?
> >
> > If anybody has any ideas, just let us know!
> >

> > Andre Teixeira
> > Sao Paulo, Brazil
> >
> > Nokia 8910i
> > Palmone Tungsten|T3
> > Compaq Evo w/ Anycom BT dongle
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 4:58:52 PM

"Web" <dudemannospam@verizon.net> wrote in message
> This already exists and it is/was free. I was a product called "pc
> control" I think...by someone named Christianson. I URL was
> christianson.org but that doesn't come up for me anymore. I maybe
> misspelling it though. It worked with my Ericsson T68 and Belkin
> bluetooth dongle.

http://www.christersson.org/index.php?page=software
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 12:08:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

Guys,
Thanks for the response. I installed PC Control, but then I realized
it only works with Sony Ericsson phones, which come with a basic
communications program installed.
Do you know of any place I could find/develop a Java version of this
communications program found on Ericsson`s phones?

Thanks,
Andre Teixeira

!