Use bluetooth mobile as a mouse substitute

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

I just had a pretty cool idea for a Java application on a bluetooth
mobile handset, see what you think (and whether somebody has already
developed something like it):

Take a bluetooth-enabled laptop, which you are using to deliver a
powerpoint presentation, and a bluetooth-enabled mobile with Java.
What if you could use your mobile as a substitute for the laptop
mouse, just basic functions like PgUp and PgDn, so you can "click"
your own presentation?

Is it possible at all? I believe no mobiles would come with built-in
HID bluetooth profile, can we do it using Java?

If anybody has any ideas, just let us know!

Andre Teixeira
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Nokia 8910i
Palmone Tungsten|T3
Compaq Evo w/ Anycom BT dongle
5 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth mobile mouse substitute
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    The Sony Ericsson K700i comes with HID profile, and built-in applications
    for mouse control, power point control and Windows media Player (or winamp)
    control (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3366 for a review
    and a couple of pictures of these apps)

    The application you're suggesting would not need HID if a server is
    available on the PC - like Sailing Clicker.

    "Andre Teixeira" <andre_m_teixeira@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I just had a pretty cool idea for a Java application on a bluetooth
    > mobile handset, see what you think (and whether somebody has already
    > developed something like it):
    >
    > Take a bluetooth-enabled laptop, which you are using to deliver a
    > powerpoint presentation, and a bluetooth-enabled mobile with Java.
    > What if you could use your mobile as a substitute for the laptop
    > mouse, just basic functions like PgUp and PgDn, so you can "click"
    > your own presentation?
    >
    > Is it possible at all? I believe no mobiles would come with built-in
    > HID bluetooth profile, can we do it using Java?
    >
    > If anybody has any ideas, just let us know!
    >

    > Andre Teixeira
    > Sao Paulo, Brazil
    >
    > Nokia 8910i
    > Palmone Tungsten|T3
    > Compaq Evo w/ Anycom BT dongle
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    This already exists and it is/was free. I was a product called "pc control"
    I think...by someone named Christianson. I URL was christianson.org but
    that doesn't come up for me anymore. I maybe misspelling it though. It
    worked with my Ericsson T68 and Belkin bluetooth dongle.

    WEB

    "Andre Teixeira" <andre_m_teixeira@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I just had a pretty cool idea for a Java application on a bluetooth
    > mobile handset, see what you think (and whether somebody has already
    > developed something like it):
    >
    > Take a bluetooth-enabled laptop, which you are using to deliver a
    > powerpoint presentation, and a bluetooth-enabled mobile with Java.
    > What if you could use your mobile as a substitute for the laptop
    > mouse, just basic functions like PgUp and PgDn, so you can "click"
    > your own presentation?
    >
    > Is it possible at all? I believe no mobiles would come with built-in
    > HID bluetooth profile, can we do it using Java?
    >
    > If anybody has any ideas, just let us know!
    >

    > Andre Teixeira
    > Sao Paulo, Brazil
    >
    > Nokia 8910i
    > Palmone Tungsten|T3
    > Compaq Evo w/ Anycom BT dongle
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    There is also Salling Clicker for the Mac. I think it is also available
    for the PC. You can find it on Version Tracker.

    In article <FxLbd.3801$mP3.2502@trnddc08>,
    "Web" <dudemannospam@verizon.net> wrote:

    > This already exists and it is/was free. I was a product called "pc control"
    > I think...by someone named Christianson. I URL was christianson.org but
    > that doesn't come up for me anymore. I maybe misspelling it though. It
    > worked with my Ericsson T68 and Belkin bluetooth dongle.
    >
    > WEB
    >
    > "Andre Teixeira" <andre_m_teixeira@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I just had a pretty cool idea for a Java application on a bluetooth
    > > mobile handset, see what you think (and whether somebody has already
    > > developed something like it):
    > >
    > > Take a bluetooth-enabled laptop, which you are using to deliver a
    > > powerpoint presentation, and a bluetooth-enabled mobile with Java.
    > > What if you could use your mobile as a substitute for the laptop
    > > mouse, just basic functions like PgUp and PgDn, so you can "click"
    > > your own presentation?
    > >
    > > Is it possible at all? I believe no mobiles would come with built-in
    > > HID bluetooth profile, can we do it using Java?
    > >
    > > If anybody has any ideas, just let us know!
    > >

    > > Andre Teixeira
    > > Sao Paulo, Brazil
    > >
    > > Nokia 8910i
    > > Palmone Tungsten|T3
    > > Compaq Evo w/ Anycom BT dongle
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Web" <dudemannospam@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > This already exists and it is/was free. I was a product called "pc
    > control" I think...by someone named Christianson. I URL was
    > christianson.org but that doesn't come up for me anymore. I maybe
    > misspelling it though. It worked with my Ericsson T68 and Belkin
    > bluetooth dongle.

    http://www.christersson.org/index.php?page=software
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Guys,
    Thanks for the response. I installed PC Control, but then I realized
    it only works with Sony Ericsson phones, which come with a basic
    communications program installed.
    Do you know of any place I could find/develop a Java version of this
    communications program found on Ericsson`s phones?

    Thanks,
    Andre Teixeira

    "Tiny Tim" <_tim_dodd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<41710d08$0$47990$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net>...
    > "Web" <dudemannospam@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > This already exists and it is/was free. I was a product called "pc
    > > control" I think...by someone named Christianson. I URL was
    > > christianson.org but that doesn't come up for me anymore. I maybe
    > > misspelling it though. It worked with my Ericsson T68 and Belkin
    > > bluetooth dongle.
    > >
    > http://www.christersson.org/index.php?page=software

Bluetooth Mobile Java