Graphics card driver

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
i have a gigabyte GTX560 ti oc video card,should i install the NVIDIA driver(280.26) driver from the nvidia site, or the one from the gigabyte website(266.44)NVIDIA driver?

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
i have installed the gigabyte driver,i found there is no clock control for the video card on this nvidia control panel,is msi afterburner ok to use for reducing the clock speed,coz the 900mhz factory overclock is unstable

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
If the card is unstable at it's factory speeds when using Gigabyte's driver download, then I feel you have justifiable grounds to request an RMA. Any card that can't perform properly at it's factory settings is by definition faulty. How long have you had this card?

You can also download Archived drivers from nVidia directly and give them a shot. Versions 270.61 and 275.33 are both WHQL certified, and there are several beta versions between 266 and 280 available as well. (Though I almost never recommend anyone actually use beta drivers.)

You're sure then there isn't a core clock control. That is the GPU clock right ? If so, my version of oc guru has. It has gpu, shader and memory clock plus voltage settings for gpu and shader, though only shader works.(?) Maybe i'm saing something stupid, i dont know. And i agree ; if not running properly on factory settings RMA it.

I know i allready asked you this before but did you get and installed the latest driver and bios flash from gigabyte ; it was really the thing that sorted my problems. With NVidea and original CD Gigabyte drivers it crashed again and again. I have now 817-12-6644, Bios FAO. Maybe your drivers will differ because mine is an 950.
Sorry if i nag about it but if you haven't done these installs allready try that first then please. Also ( don't know if i have mentioned that before ) ; Gigabyte warns no to do any stresstest like furmark, it might even damage the card according to them (?) :fou:

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

you are correct,i agree,i have had it for about 3 months, the card has been returned to gigabyte twice under warranty for noise and stability issues,the second time they replaced it with a new card,but,it still has stability issues at its factory clock speed(900mhz)i found it was easier to reduce it to 870mhz and it seems more stable,to me it really not worth more trouble to return it again,i think the stability may be fixed by increasing the voltage,but due to my lack of knowledge in this area did not try it

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

i have downloaded and installed the gigabyte driver,but i have not installed the bios(just downloaded it)do i simply install the bios?how do i flash it,i have not done that before

Mmmm, probably you have the right ones then. You've got OC Guru ? It says in the bar on top of the OCG screen wich drivers you use and what bios version, you can tell me what it says ?
Bios flash isn't really hard ;
Just do a "clean" install of your new drivers and than run the bios utility, when you downloaded and installed the bios flash program from Gigabyte you have an icon now on your desktop with Gigabyte VGA Bios, first back up your old bios with the utility and than check if that version is older, you check it by running " flash ", also with the utility, it will explain itself. When you have to check the version you will see acouple of files, one like GV-N560SO-1GI-900, you can click on that file, then open. It will than maybe say ; the bios version is the same. This means you have got the latest version allready and when it doesn't it will flash to the newest bios. Even i could do it so it can't be really hard. Good luck !
Hope you understand my crappy explanation.

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

i just installed OC guru.at the top bar it just says...(driver version)8.17.12.644 (bios version)F12...thats how it looks in the top bar,first time i have used OC guru,at this stage the card seems quite happy at 870mhz on msi afterburner,i will monitor it and see how it goes,thanks alot for your assistance