Can I install corsair cx600 in my case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamergeneral99

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Hello everyone I need your help in upgrading my pc
Mine is iball piano 54 micro atx cabinet I want to insall corsair cx600 power supply. But I have a problem...
the power supply must be mounted in the top left corner of my case and the psu has the fan on the top....
But I dont have an exhaust fan on the top of my case so can i install the psu in inverted position so that the fan faces down??
Please help me guys if it can I am going to buy it

Solution

Yes, that's the way it was meant to be installed in a top mount case ( didn't somebody already say this ? ).
They tend to be installed upside down in bottom mount cases that aren't vented.
When you see the picture of the psu, and see the big fan, you are looking at the bottom of the powersupply.

the screws will only line up in one way... they are standardized.

As long as the case is made to the normal standards and not some custom rig, any conforming PSU SHOULD fit...

However... Measure the dimensions of the one in there now and use it for a guide when looking at new ones.

gamergeneral99

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012

but for the corsair cx600 the fan is up and i saw many people installing it at the bottom left corner of their cabinets. Can i install it in inverted position (i mean the fan facing down) If i install it in the standard position i.e. fan facing up the psu may over heat due to lack of ventilation

Yes, that's the way it was meant to be installed in a top mount case ( didn't somebody already say this ? ).
They tend to be installed upside down in bottom mount cases that aren't vented.
When you see the picture of the psu, and see the big fan, you are looking at the bottom of the powersupply.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.