[Case & MoBo] Can't figure out fan control and need help.

WBM99

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Hello, all.

I just finished with my first build and I'm having some trouble with the fan control.

Here's the deal: I have a NZXT Phantom 410 case with an ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3. The Phantom comes with a three setting fan control on the top of the case that I can't figure out how to get to work. I'm not sure which cables in the case are for the fan and I don't know where to plug them in to the motherboard/PSU in order to get the settings to work. Anyone help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

it depends on the plug...

If it is a Molex, 4 pin larger connector, connect it directly to the like type on the PSU

if it is the smaller 3 or 4 pin connector, use your MoBo manual and find the Chassis fan headers and connect it there.

That is about it.

My Case, Antec 600, has 4 main fans, 3 120mm and a 240mm. all three are connected directly to the PSU because thay have Molex connectors and little speed controls for each fan.

Some fans come with an adapter that will allow you to connect it to the MoBo for speed control AND a Molex for power...

Any Help?

WBM99

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Thanks for the quick response!

I fairly certain that it isn't a Molex. Here is a picture of the plug in question. Sorry for the nasty hands.

http://i.imgur.com/9cXZC.jpg

My problem is is that it doesn't appear that it fits anywhere on the MoBo. The Chasis fan connector on my MoBo appears to be 4 pin so I don't think it fits. I'm using a Corsair modular PSU and I can't seem to find any cable that fits this sucker.

Thanks again.

Don't...
Bump posts
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first

tavoe

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
I've got the same case. As far as I can tell, you plug fans INTO the outlets you posted a picture of. They lead to the fan controller. There are extras in case you add more fans. There is a cable with three BIG heads in the case, I think that goes into the molex cable from the PSU. It doesn't seem to hook up to the motherboard, though, so I'm not sure how the computer dictates how fast to run the fans through to the fans. As far as I can tell, its totally manuel.
That's my best theory. Do you know anymore?

Help_

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
GPU: EVGA GTX 480
PSU: 750W ACE (Black Edition)
Case: Phantom 410

I am begging you with all my heart. I am a new builder and had my house mate who is more experience in this than I am to put everything together and the PC will not recognise the card. All my parts where from Scan in the UK and I just had this delivered few hours back. He has tried everything and I have done all the research possible. PLEASE HELP> I sold all to get these and I'm just so upset.
In particular I do not know where the fan controller 3 pins goes. I believe you had this problem beginning of the year. I will really appreciate it if you can share any information with me so I can enjoy my purchase. Thanks for your time