Scribe

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2004

Every time my computer either shuts down or I reboot, I get a message
"Previous resume from hibernate failed. Press enter to return to Windows."
Then I press Enter and it says, "Returning to Windows." It never just opens
to windows. Okay doctors, what's up? :eek:)

Restart the system and press F8 key at startup (when you see the OS selection screen) and select 'Delete restoration data and proceed to system' boot menu option which enables the computer to perform a normal restart, instead of performing the restoration process while the computer is in Hibernate mode.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp