Solved

Rampage IV Extreme, extension cables question

I am planning to get some extension cables, for RIVE and CPU - 3930k

BitFenix 8Pin EPS12V and BitFenix 4Pin ATX12V

to extent the 4pin and 8pin.

I guess these would be the ones, am I right?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about rampage extreme extension cables question
  1. Best answer
    f847 said:
    I am planning to get some extension cables, for RIVE and CPU - 3930k

BitFenix 8Pin EPS12V and BitFenix 4Pin ATX12V

to extent the 4pin and 8pin.

I guess these would be the ones, am I right?

The 4 pin auxiliary connector is actually the EPS 4 pin tertiary connector, not a 4 pin ATX connector. I believe that they are electrically and physically identical though. Marketers constantly get these confused, but it doesn't really matter. So yeah, those should work nicely
  2. Best answer selected by f847.
  3. Thanks I will get those then :)
  4. f847 said:
    Thanks I will get those then :)

Just as a side note, make sure that you hook up the EZ_PLUG1 and EZ_PLUG2 power connectors as well. The manual states that these are only needed for 3/4 way GPU configurations and 8 DIMM configurations but earlier revisions of the RIVE seem to actually need them for peripheral power as well.
  5. Oh I have missed that already, do I plug the EZ_PLUG1 with a PCI-E cable (6 pin)? And I am not sure where the EZ_PLUG2 is ?
  6. f847 said:
    Oh I have missed that already, do I plug the EZ_PLUG1 with a PCI-E cable (6 pin)? And I am not sure where the EZ_PLUG2 is ?

Yes. EZ_PLUG1 is a 6 pin PCIe connector. The RIVE supports so many GPUs that the ATX12v connector alone cannot safely deliver the specified 75-150 watts per card. Thus, an auxiliary power connector is needed

EZ_PLUG2 is a 4 pin Floppy connector (4 pin Molex on Rampage 4 Formula). The manual states that this is to provide stable power delivery to the DIMMs, but it also seems to power the Ethernet port and a few other things as well.
  7. Thanks a lot, I see many rigs without them plugged in.

And the 4 pin cable that comes with my psu is way too short for the EZ_PLUG2, I 'll see what I can do :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Extension Cable Rampage