Altering PSOne LCD screen to work with DC, Saturn, etc.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

Anyone have a link to a good FAQ on how you can easily convert a PSOne
screen to fit on various other consoles or in a picture frame (or is
there a commercial adapter you can screw the screen into that will vice
onto any given console)? Obviously, there's the Treamcast, but that
seems like a full case mod and only for the DC, and probably with an
inferior screen meant to be placed in it (not that I've seen an empty
Treamcast case anyways).
Media Play has the Sony LCD screens for the PSOne for $16. I'll get a
used PSone at some point (unless there is some kind of vice adapter so I
can just use my non-PSOne Playstion), but that still leaves 2 other screens...
A link to some kind of stand for the screen would be good too. At least
one is going to be a remote monitor, and I think a picture frame would
be best for where I'm putting it, but that's going to need some
diassembly, and if there's a premade stand for the monitor, that might
work better.
So, go fetch some cheap LCD screens, find a way to use them in alternate
ways, and report back to me...

Drax

"Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have a link to a good FAQ on how you can easily convert a PSOne
> screen to fit on various other consoles or in a picture frame (or is
> there a commercial adapter you can screw the screen into that will vice
> onto any given console)? Obviously, there's the Treamcast, but that
> seems like a full case mod and only for the DC, and probably with an
> inferior screen meant to be placed in it (not that I've seen an empty
> Treamcast case anyways).
> Media Play has the Sony LCD screens for the PSOne for $16. I'll get a
> used PSone at some point (unless there is some kind of vice adapter so I
> can just use my non-PSOne Playstion), but that still leaves 2 other
screens...
> A link to some kind of stand for the screen would be good too. At least
> one is going to be a remote monitor, and I think a picture frame would
> be best for where I'm putting it, but that's going to need some
> diassembly, and if there's a premade stand for the monitor, that might
> work better.
> So, go fetch some cheap LCD screens, find a way to use them in alternate
> ways, and report back to me...

thanks for the heads up on the cheap lCd screens!

drax

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

Despite all prevention efforts, Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in

> Media Play has the Sony LCD screens for the PSOne for $16.

I can't find this on their web site. Do you have a direct link to the
item?

thanks

--
Slor

Drax

"Slor" <slor@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Despite all prevention efforts, Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in
>
> > Media Play has the Sony LCD screens for the PSOne for $16.
>
> I can't find this on their web site. Do you have a direct link to the
> item?
>
> thanks
>
> --
> Slor

This is a clearance item. it was even cheaper than the $24.99 it was marked
as. I got the last one at my local store. You may want to go down
there....soon.

drax

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

Despite all prevention efforts, "drax" <drax1313@hotmail.com> wrote in

> This is a clearance item. it was even cheaper than the $24.99 it was
> marked as. I got the last one at my local store. You may want to go
> down there....soon.

Darn - no stores anywhere near where I live. Thanks.

--
Slor

Slor wrote:

> Despite all prevention efforts, Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in
>
> > Media Play has the Sony LCD screens for the PSOne for $16.
>
> I can't find this on their web site. Do you have a direct link to the
> item?
>
> thanks

As far as I can tell, there are no accessories at Media Play's website;
this is a store only thing.