Advanced tab missing from User Acounts

July 29, 2004 9:46:27 AM

I've seen this problem covered but never seen an answer to
the question, "Why is my User Accounts dialog missing
the "Advanced" tab?"
The answer given is always to use:
"Start/Run 'control userpasswords2'"

This brings up the desired dialog box, but that wasn't
really the question.

I want to know why when I click on the control panel
line "User Accounts", I get a different dialog than
certain of my co-workers, who get the full Win2k-style
dialog, not the "friendly" one. Or more pragmatically, I
would like to know how to modify my setup so that I get
the old Win2K-style "unfriendly" interface.

I dislike the new "friendly" interfaces and am trying to
remove them all from my experience. Thus I want to get
rid of this "User Accounts" one.

My only clue at the moment is that I"m not logging into a
domain, while my co-workers do. Could that be the
distinction? If so, is there any way to get the domain-
style behavior without loggin into a domain?
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 1:59:22 PM

Answered in the other group you posted to. If you need to crosspost, do so in the same message.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

!