ASUS gt440

chopper15

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Hi to everyone!!

I've just bought an asus gt 440 1gb ddr5 recently, though i know that it's not that powerful graphics card comparing

to other directx 11 card, i was just curious while reading the specification from its box that says it's 822MHz(core clock) overclocked.

I've searched the web and found that it is originally 810MHz and asus just improved it.

my question is will i extract more juice into it comparing to other brand? or does it have a significant difference in performance compare to

other brand? because asus claims that it has 15% performance boost.

also, can i overclock a graphics card to improve its performance, if yes, how much?

omnisome

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
Not at all.

Marketing!

I don't know, can you?

also, can i overclock a graphics card to improve its performance, if yes, how much?

you can overclock the card but the performance boost might be hardly noticeable. how much it can be overclock it depends on your card. different chip have different overclock potential even if both card are using the very same chip.

The GT440 is a gimmick of a card at best and Nvidia should have never produced it in the first place given the losses they are taking right now. First problem is the yield and second the slow sales of this model so even working cards or more or less sold at a loss. The GT430 is basically the same thing with half the bandwidth and lower quality pcb. At these clocks this gpu is close to it's limits any way so overclock yes but how much I don't know nor do I care. It is horribly weak however you look at it when a $40 9800gtx creams it any way.

chopper15

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
hehe.... I'll buy another card I guess.... what do you guys think? planning to buy bf3 but since this card won't play it in high or maximum settings(I think) I'll just buy amd graphics this time since my processor is amd phenom II X4 955...... this is my first time to use nvidia..... thought it's better because that's what i always hear from other forums... but well I guess I can say that I'm still a fan of amd graphics. well thanx again guys.

omnisome

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010

No company is better - they're both capitalist machines out for a profit like anything else. They both make costworthy pieces.

Tell your budget, screen resolution, and system specification.

chopper15

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
naa...... about 110$ but actually budget is out of question.... but i'm a little confused(totally).... does the screen resolution depend more on monitor or in the graphics card.... i think both, as for my system, I'm running in dual OS, Windows 7 home @ 32 bit and Win7 Ultimate @ 64bit, my monitor is 16" LCD and my system is... Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2 Ghz, Power supply of 600W,4gb ddr3 memory, and gt 440(You knew). someone told me that it's better to pair up graphics card with the processor. though I'm just a little concerned about playing bf3 in max settings.... cause now I can play Crysis 2 in 1440X900 screen resolution at max setting and crysis warhead at gamer setting.... so what's the best option for me? shoul I buy better card or not?