Sign in with
Your question

How do I report of post?

Last response: in Forum Feedback
October 20, 2009 12:49:57 PM

The third post in this thread by JackNaylorPE is some type of spam!

Also, I'm getting above the top right corner of a thread. does this mean that my posts are automatically being flagged?

Lastly, I couldn't find a way to search this category, I usually search before posting.

More about : report post

October 20, 2009 1:17:35 PM

Hi,

Those two icons mean that you are setup to receive e-mail notifications and flag notifications (in the forums) for that post. You can toggle that setting by clicking on either one of the images. The x will then disappear.

As of now, there is no way to do a category specific search. I believe some users have developed a workaround. Hopefully one of them will answer this thread :) 

Thanks,
Justin
October 20, 2009 3:44:32 PM

Advice Pro said:

Click on the "Report" button in the line with the user's name... (see picture above :D  )
Related resources
October 21, 2009 6:16:54 AM

Advice Pro said:
How do I subscribe to a thread without contributing adding a post?

Just click on the email notification button when it has no X. You can't flag a post you haven't responded to, although it will get an automatic red flag to show that you've read it. Instead of flagging it you can add it as a "favourite" or "bookmark" (the heart button) and it will show when you click on the "Show my favourite topics" button on the forum home page.

Advice Pro said:
And what's up with the first link in this thread:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/234399-49-close-compu...

That thread is from 2007, when the forum used a different URL (forumz.tomhardware.com). Those old links no longer work.
October 21, 2009 7:52:27 AM

Quote:

What? Paranoia can be becoming, but not in you're case.
!