prototype18

Distinguished
Hi guys

I finally got my new pc and was watching it's specs.

Its a

g620
8gb 1600
Gtx 560 ti
Asrock e3g3
Tx 750w v1
Nzxt 410 elite.

I would liek to know what timing's should i have for my ram ?

Thank you

As c12 mentioned we can't tell you without knowing exactly what Ram modules you have -- Gskill has ripjaws that run at various voltages and timings so just saying Ripjaws does not give us the needed info. But most Ripjaws are rated for better timings than 11-11-11-28 @1600Mhz.

Then that is probably close to the best you will be able to get out of them ( those are most likely modules that failed at tighter timings and thus were binned for the lower spec so probably not a lot of headroom left that they will remain stable at !)

CL9 is better but if they are spec'd at CL11 then chances are they will not run at CL9 otherwise they would have been binned higher and sold at a higher price -- the companies usually only sell modules at that high a latency if they have failed to remain stable under testing at tighter timings !)

prototype18

Distinguished
I just asked the seller and he told me they are 9-9-9-24 @1.5V

He told also that maybe my mobo cant recognize the XMP profile and maybe i need a bios update. He tested the ram with CL9 for 16 hrs w/o any error b4 sending it to me.

So any idea ?

IF they are rated at 9-9-9-24 then you could go into the BIOS and manually set them to that. ( Your MOBO is probably defaulting to those low timings since it can not detect the rated speeds properly and is set at a timing that pretty much any module can handle so that it can run) Worse that happens is the system locks up during boot if the RAM can not handle the settings and you have to reset it ( Usually the system will reset them back to a default setting that the modules can handle if there are problems with booting automatically ) - So doesn't hurt to give it a try ! If they do fail for some reason you could try increasing the RAM voltage slightly and retry ( Some MOBOs voltages are actually lower than what the setting shows so might need a bit more than the 1.5V setting (ie. at 1.5V you might be actually getting 1.45 or 1.4V instead of 1.5 so a small increase may stabilize them at the tighter timings) - In most cases modules spec'd at 1.5V can safely handle a bit more - But there is always a small chance increasing it too much could cause damage to the MOBO or Module so anytime you are changing Voltages move slowly and be aware there is a risk (even if it is a small one it is there !!)

I went back to check my set up since I hadn't since setting my clocks. I had pysically set my timings and all but forgot what my settings were (couldn't find my notes). So when I looked and saw my timings were the same as reported, I didn't look further. Turns out I had set them for 9-9-9-24originally but somewhere I lost that. Enabling the X.M.P. got them back to 9-9-9-24. I hadn't even noticed personally. Wow
Hey thanks Prototype for starting this thread or I'd still be at 11 timings. Again, wow.