Pretty sure I've done my due diligence in putting this build together, but would love to get some feedback. Of course any suggestions to drop the price a tad are more than welcome. Looking to build a decent gaming rig (SWTOR, Guild Wars 2, Wow) that will double as an "everyday" computer, i.e. lots of music, pics, internet, basic use of ms office products. Making the switch back from a 3 year old iMac as I find it asinine that I would have to spend another $2k for a new iMac when a few upgrades would suffice. Lesson learned I guess.
Looking to purchase in the next month or might just wait for the deals after Thanksgiving.
Budget of about $1,800.
OS, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc would put me just north of $1800. I know I could save a few dollars on the case but I'm pretty much sold - helped a friend put his together earlier this year and it is just dreamy. Most of this seems fairly cut and dry, but the gpu and mobo research is making me dizzy. SSD seems like too much of a luxury item for its price point right now, but I would definitely plan on adding one when prices come down.
Any help, guidance, or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
anyway, get an 850w psu, cause 570 sli will be much better off with 850w. also, get a samsung spinpoint f3, cause they're $20 cheaper.
get an asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3 board, cause it has a lot of features for only $125 (like usb 3.0 and pci-e 3.0, with sli/cfx)
other than that, it looks pretty good
thank you for the suggestions - what a great way to save a quick $100! i'll definitely take a closer look at that asrock. i was thinking the 750w might be a tad light for 570 sli. if i stick with the corsair professional, the 850w is only $20 more right now.
you should also maybe consider getting an ssd, and maybe drop to a slightly smaller monitor for it. However, I personally don't like them, cause they're expensive and don't actually affect your gaming performance in game, but they are useful if you can fit them in. besides, a single 570 should be fairly excessive for the games you've listed
i'm definitely planning on holding off on the ssd for now. will pick one up at some point but not until prices drop a bit. the 570 does seem a tad excessive for my use and i thought about saving a $100 and getting a 560ti or maybe 6950. not really sure how much, if anything, i'd be sacrificing going with a 560ti over 570. maybe the 570 provides for a bit more future proofing or maybe my ego is just wanting something i don't necessarily need...