MSI 990FX - No video, no post, no beeps.

Siesna

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
Got a new motherboard for my system, and after installing everything, I am getting no video at all, not even BIOS. Some other odd symptoms to note: My power button will turn the system on, but not off. The reset button doesn't work anymore either. The only way to turn off is to flip the PSU switch. I found another thread of someone having these exact symptoms, but their fix was that the 8-pin power was not properly inserted. Mine is. I'm getting no error beeps, even when booting without ram, though I could have a bum speaker. I realized I don't think I've ever heard that thing beep before.

Specs:
Motherboard: MSI 990FX
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4
RAM: Corsair 4GB x2 DDR3
GPU: GeForce GTS 450

This mobo has no onboard video, so I'm unable to check using just that. I've tried booting with no ram, 1 stick of ram, both sticks, have moved the GPU between PCI slots, rechecked all power cables (including the power and reset button wires), HDMI, DVI, everything I can think of. I've unplugged every other peripheral, including DVD drive and hard drives.

Is there a possibility broken/bent CPU pins could have a hand in this? I had the HARDEST time getting my CPU in this board. It slipped effortlessly into my old board, but refused to go in this one. I thought I got it in there without issue, but now I'm doubting myself. Checking that will be a last resort though. CPU and CPU heatsink installation is my LEAST favorite thing ever.

Thanks in advance for any help!