Hexagrams

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Kind of a two questions in one deal going on right now, first of all I've been playing SWTOR. Up until now my gaming machine has been running very well, BF3, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed on high with very few hiccups here and there. However with SWTOR I'm feeling the hiccups more and more often. I'm running a sapphire 6950 with an older AMD x4 3.1 Ghz cpu and I'm running the game at around 30-115fps randomly fluctuating between the two depending on where I am, then in our main fleet I can drop down to roughly 15 fps during high pop times. My buddy with a 5850 and quite a better cpu says he runs the game fine all the time except for those high pop times where he loses a few frames. I was just wondering if this was because of my CPU or possibly my card? Machine is running on 8GB of corsair vengeance RAM so I'm not too worried about it being RAM, Virtual memory looks fine as well. Can't seem to really put a finger on it.

If it is the CPU, what would be the better option between two new CPU's (I've had terrible luck with overclocking in the past so I opt into picking up newer ones.) .. A higher end quad core, or a six core sitting around 3.0GHz with AMD's turbo core technology (basically recognizes if a program doesn't make full use of the six cores and turns it into a pretty well clocked 3 core) I also do some Photoshop and minor video editing here and there.

Thanks for any and all answer in advanced.

That website is fake. Please don't rely on that website.